The short answer is:
Yes, we always recommend that you have a written document or work agreement that specifies the details of the work that your virtual assistant and you have agreed to.
Soon we’ll add a sample virtual assistant hiring agreement template to this article
The long answer is:
When hiring through the Virtual Latinos Directory, you can either contact any assistants you’d like to potentially work with one at a time or can post a job in our hiring portal.
If you choose to hire a virtual assistant by post a job/project through our hiring platform, then our portal will let you save the details of your work agreement between you and the virtual assistant your hiring. These details may be used as the written details of your work agreement, which will keep in writing what you and your assistant have agreed will be the details and terms of the project/job that shall be worked on.
Nevertheless, we still encourage (But don’t require) that either you or your new potential virtual assistant prepare a work hiring agreement that outlines in as much detail as possible the full details of your work relationship and the work that shall be completed.
What should the virtual assistant hiring agreement contain?
As a minimum, the agreement should contain and specify the following information:
- Who is being hired (Name and details of the assistant)
- Who is hiring (Name of the client or business name)
- Description of services being provided, or list of project requirements and details
- List of deliverables to be provided at the end of the project/job
- Period of time services are being hired (Days and/or hours)
- Work schedule (The specific dates, or days of the week/month when the work will be completed)
- Payment terms (Including payment/fee amount, how often, totals, date to be paid, etc)
- Termination provisions (What will happen if either party want to terminate the relationship)
- Liability clauses (To ensure the client or assistant is NOT liable for loss, damage, delays, etc)
- Confidentiality (To ensure both parties act responsibly and professionally when it comes to sharing each other’s information)
When hiring through the Virtual Latinos Agency, our team will present you with a written hiring agreement in order for you to hire and work with the virtual assistant of your choice.