Why Being a Latino Virtual Assistant Is So Sought After in Latin America, and Why The Hiring Rates Are So High
Virtual assistants in Latin America are on the rise – and for good reason. As more and more people turn to work remotely, it should come as no surprise that this trend is swelling throughout Latin America, as well. Working in relative geographic and cultural proximity to the United States, Latino virtual assistants already have a leg up on virtual assistants from overseas; they already know how to navigate adeptly between languages and cultures.
What are some other reasons professionals in Latin America are choosing work as virtual assistants for US-based companies?
- Pay scales in the United States are much higher than those found throughout most of Latin America. This means, for example, that a college graduate located in Quito, Ecuador can make up to 300% more than they would in-country. Working remotely is simply a smart professional decision for many.
- Working remotely saves time, every day, by cutting down on daily commutes. In congested cities across the world, commuting can take hours out of a day. Imagine having to navigate traffic in a city of 22 million people, like Mexico City. It makes sense that so many would opt-out of this in favor of working remotely.
- Being paid in US dollars means that their income’s currency is stable and won’t fluctuate as much in value. Rapid inflation and currency devaluation in parts of Latin America are real issues for many. If you could choose a paycheck in the more stable USD, rather than in Venezuelan bolivars, wouldn’t you? Again, it’s the smart choice.
- Being a virtual assistant allows for an opportunity to use their English skills on a daily basis and to develop professional contacts in the US.
- Professionals working remotely also get the added benefit of being able to provide more stability for their families and spend more quality time together as they’ve cut out lengthy daily commutes.
- Latino professionals choose to work as virtual assistants for US-based companies because they are able to learn and develop new skills that are not always available in their home country. Examples include utilizing certain software programs, apps, and tools. It’s often a welcome challenge for Latino professionals to expand their knowledge.
How hiring a virtual assistant can ease your everyday business burdens
When you hire virtual assistants, you’re hiring a top-quality assistant whose literal job is to make yours easier. In essence, virtual assistants can help with anything in your business that can be done remotely. Every business’s needs are unique and a little different, but the scope of things a virtual assistant can do for you are wide and adaptable to your specific needs.
Consider some of what they can do for you:
- Virtual assistants can answer client calls and respond to questions the clients may have. They can also act as a receptionist, making sure you get only the most important calls. This ensures your time is used more efficiently, as you won’t be dealing with simple questions like business hours or whether you have a certain product in stock.
- Virtual assistants can make any outgoing calls you need placing to current clients or to potential customers who may require your services. They can confirm appointments, place orders, or even organize catering over the phone.
- Managing social media posts, comments, and questions are tasks that most small business owners realize takes a lot of time and energy. Rather than have an in-house staff member (or yourself) glued to social media seven days a week, a virtual assistant can easily manage those tasks for you remotely at a fraction of the cost of hiring an in-house team.
- Virtual assistants can take over the logistics of scheduling and appointment booking. This leaves you more time to focus on your services themselves. Many small business owners know how much of a major time-sink these necessary activities can be, sometimes occupying hours within a single day.
- If you hire a virtual assistant, they can also relieve you of the burden of sending out and responding to emails. This could include handling invoices, receipts, sending out your digital newsletters, or responding to any customer inquiries that may arrive in your inbox.
- A virtual assistant can also compile research for you, whether that be general market research, competitor research, or anything else.
- Hiring a virtual assistant also means never having to conduct website maintenance yourself again. Whether or not you’re tech-savvy, simple website updates shouldn’t be occupying your or your in-house staff’s time. Let a virtual assistant take care of that for you.
- A virtual assistant can also easily manage projects and help coordinate the many moving parts and people that go into each one. Remote team coordination is just one of the many things a virtual assistant can do.
- Most digital assistants are also well-versed in digital marketing, and a high proportion of them have university degrees in that area. Let an experienced professional take this off your marketing team’s plate for a reasonable rate.
Virtual Latinos is the first and leading virtual assistant company dedicated to offering hand-picked virtual assistants from Latin America. Let us help you connect with a professional virtual assistant today.