Virtual Legal Assistant, Part-time to start, but full-time potential
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA in the next 7 days through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client of ours.
Client & Short Job Description:
This client owns a Law firm in Evanson, Illinois. The company is looking for a Legal VA who can help with a variety of administrative, marketing and legal-related tasks.
Part-time legal assistant needed for wills, trusts, and probate attorney for 12 hours per week on average. The hours may increase depending on how busy the company is
The client is ideally looking for VAs who is looking for long-term work, is willing to learn a lot of new things, has EXCELLENT English skills in writing, a great (but not native) accent when speaking in English and takes security and sensitive client/customer information VERY VERY SERIOUSLY!
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, Nov 5th at 9pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Nov 6-7, 2019.
Tasks required for the job
1. Document Management
– Very strong computer skills are required, especially with Word, Adobe Acrobat, enough familiarity with Excel to be able to work with spreadsheets and simple formulas, and good internet skills.
– Inputting information into legal drafting software
– Assembling documents (in Word) from legal drafting software and making a standard set of revisions
– Typing hand-written attorney revisions to documents
– Proofreading documents
– Uploading documents for electronic recording with the county
– Preparing letters and envelopes for the on-site assistant to print
2. Answering Calls, Customer Support & Appointments setup
– Answering phone calls on a VOIP mobile or desktop app
– Email and phone contact with clients and other people
– Scheduling appointments
3. Other general Administrative Assistant duties as needed
– General admin tasks, as needed
– And doing whatever else I need that will make my job easier.
4. General Marketing & Advertising Help
– Creating and running Facebook ads (Don’t know how? can you learn? If yes, you can apply)
– Other marketing and advertising help as needed (More details can be requested during interview. For the proposal, list all your marketing skills for this category)
Required Qualifications (NOT Optional)
You must be responsible and reliable; self-motivated and able to work with little supervision; a quick learner; and be able to keep things confidentia. These qualities are not negotiable.
Regarding confidences – we work with confidential information and you must not discuss our clients with anyone outside the firm. You also must have processes and systems in place to safeguard and secure the firm’s confidential information on your own computer and in your own workspace.
For the security of confidential information during your job as VA using your computer, the client will require the assistant to have/use/implement the following:
- You must install antivirus software on your computer
- Your computer must be password protect any time you’re not using it
- Must install a Mac/Windows firewall
- No-one else can use or have access to your computer (no friends, family use, etc)
- Your MUST Sign-out of every web-based system that you’ll use during work hours with the client
● Some of the most important qualities the Client is looking for are someone who is nice and kind, has a good work ethic, is reliable, and who does NOT have a sense of entitlement.
● The Client is kind and tolerant, and my clients are kind and gentle. That’s the kind of person the Client wants to be around, and that’s the only kind of person I want in my office. But to be clear, I am not looking for a pushover.
● The client has a very strong personality, and you need to be strong enough and confident enough (not arrogant) to deal with her strong personality.
● Must be 100% RELIABLE and Trustworthy
● MOST IMPORTANT: Have integrity, and the right ethics, own it if you make a mistake. Be committed to do the right thing and be honest and transparent.
● Grammar and written English is VERY important
● Computer savvy, able to use the Internet for general online research
● Wants someone with Excellent English skills, but doesn’t need to be a native accent.
-Schedule: 4 hours/ day, 3 days a week: The hours are flexible, but work is during business hours Central time.
-Communication: Various methods
-Pay offered: $7-9 USD/hr (Will depend on your experience)
-Hours required: Minimum 12 per week (With potential 15–20 hours/week)
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the 3 tasks categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Thirst task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED