Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 2 VAs through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
An existing client is looking for two additional admin VAs. Currently working with 2 VAs from VL.
The client owns a government contracts consulting company and offers their services of consulting to help small businesses get a GSA Contract for their company.
The client is looking for 2 self-starters VAs with great people skills.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a company that already works with a team from VL and is our longest-standing client
– Great opportunity to work for a company that helps small businesses
– Ideal job for VAs with great people skills
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Wednesday, November 10th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Friday, November 12th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Clients & Contracts Documents Management
– The main task is for the VAs to organize documents as needed into the client’s contract system (FileMaker)
– The VAs will check and manage incoming Email, to check if any clients send documents. If they did, download the docs and upload them to the GSA Contract system
– The client uses FileMaker (Software), to upload documents in that system, based on the client/contract case of each client
– There are about 10-12 documents that are needed for each client
– Client will provide training to show how to do this
– When clients email any questions, the VAs would need to be in charge of answering questions and updating clients on the status of each contract
– The VAs would be in charge of helping with various tasks related to client needs and requests
– The VAs would be in charge of keeping records within the system/CRM clean and up-to-date
2. Prepare & Organize Rejection Documents
– An email comes from the GSA (General services administration) system, and the VAs would need to figure out who the client’s documents are
– Once they do this, they’ll need to create a rejection letter to send to the client using a template. It’s simply copying/pasting from the main template, then customizing the rejection letter based on the details received from the original rejection letter
– The VAs would then need to gather additional documents to be presented along with the rejection letter, so they’d need to organize these documents and put them together with the rejection letter, and send them to the company’s boss for review before sending them to the client
– Training will also be provided for this
– The most important part of this task, is having a VA that’s VERY organized
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first. The client is also looking for these requirements:
– Experience: 10+ years in the tasks
– Personality: Confidence with slight risk-taking
– Someone who is careful enough to identify what they do not know and ask questions
– Schedule: Part-time flexible within business hours, then 8 am to 4 pm CST
– Hours: Starting with 20 hours/week the moving up to full-time (40hrs/week) after 6-8 weeks