Full-time Receptionist VA for Property Management Company
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA in the next 7 days through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The company is a property management firm for many years, since 2003, that works fully digitally. They have cloud-based systems, including the main management software (AppFolio.com) and VoIP phones. They manage 250+ houses for about 100 owners. The team is currently made up of an office manager, 2 full-time assistants, a bookkeeper, and many contractors/vendors that help with the work.
The client is looking for VA who is friendly & with great people skills. See more “Ideal Requirements” below.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, October 18th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, October 20th, 2020.
Tasks required for the job
1. Customer Support & Property Management Admin Support
– Reply to emails & phone calls
– Pick up the phone, talk to anyone who needs help
– Report and add any support related issues into CRM or email property manager
– The VA will use a VOIP phone provided by the client, which can be accessed through the computer
– Talk to people who are mainly existing clients/tenants, as well as potential new ones
– Respond to homeowners and vendors by phone and email
– Answer calls from new people looking to rent a house/apt, requesting documents, updates about their application, etc.
– Follow-up calls with agents who showed the properties/apartment, see if they’re interested
– Update marketing report in Google Docs (or another system) with info about property and agent’s visits
– Leads management (filter and sort leads of potential new tenants)
– Most important tasks: Receiptionist to take/make calls with potential clients, tenants, etc
– Client gets around 100-150 calls/day, or around 750 calls/week.
2. Manage Property Software CRM & Data Entry
– Help with the setup of leasing agreements via AppFolio and Docusign
– Enter new properties for rent or sold/purchased
– Find key basic information about each new tenant/owner (Name, email, phone #, etc).
– Update 3rd party sites for the property listings. May include Facebook, Craigslist
– Handle security deposits (receive and repay)
– Move-in/Move-out inspections management, and then request/pay deposits as needed
– Email property owners a list of the move-in/move-out report, details, and costs
– Process and handling of rental applicants
– Repetitive data entry (entering online payments or uploading invoices received from vendors)
– Run the client’s credit, and then send updates to the clients in regard to their application
– Once their application is completed, the approval would be sent to the property manager
3. Organize Digital Files
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems
– Re-organize files based on communities or buildings, or by year, etc.
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date. For example, when a property is sold, move info from one contact/owner to another, etc.
– Organize and input files by property and then by the owner, or as requested by the client
Secondary Tasks (Must be Included in your Proposal)
4. Tenant Management & Follow-up
– Follow-up with tenants, make sure they have their latest home/rent insurance paperwork filled
– Follow-up after each new maintenance request is completed and make sure it was done correctly
– Help tenants to register and use the online portal, to avoid having too many calls
– Onboarding meetings with tenants on how to request new maintenance through the portal, pay rent online, etc.
– List renewals follow-up with tenants
– Manage incoming maintenance request (non-emergency), that come from an online system
– Add invoices to the accounting system (Accounts payable entering)
5. Notify Owners & Tenants of Renewals
– Notify renewals by email and/or phone calls
– Notify the owners/tenants within 30 or 60 days before contracts expire
– Sent documents to be signed digitally by the tenant
– Follow up as necessary with tenants to ensure they sign the new renewals online
(New) Personality Test:
If you haven’t, take this 7-8 minutes test and add your personalized link to your proposal. You just need to take it once and use the same link for all future proposals: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
NOTE: Please send your unique personalized URL/link, after finishing the test click on “Send my results by email”
WRONG LINK TO SAVE: Generic personality link https://www.16personalities.com/estj-personality
CORRECT LINK TO SAVE (Sent by email): Your unique results link
– Must be super friendly and personable on the phone, as they’ll act as customer service to the clients/tenants
– The job is super high-paced, so the VA should be ok with having a lot to do all the time, and have a very active role in this job.
– The VA will be the main “Face” of the company, helping with everything related to customer support
– Must be VERY organized and pay attention to details
– Looking for someone who can be a team player, social, and loves to help out with various tasks the team is working on.
– People should be able to ask questions and know when to speak up and ask, rather than do things wrong.
– The VA should be OK with someone not being spoken nicely too, as people usually call when they’re mad and having problems/issues, so they should be OK with that. The nature of the job is to not be too sensitive if people scream at you or talk not nicely, so having “tough skin” is important
– This may not be too common, but totally possible. So ideally someone that’s NOT too sensitive to this
-Schedule: 8 hours/day, 8:30 am to 5 pm (with 30-min break) PST
-Hours: 40 hours/week
– Pay: $5-7/hr Full-Time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the tasks categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.