Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Creative and marketing agency from Texas, which is a “purpose driving marketing company”. They do NOT have a physical offer, and the team is spread all over the place. There are two owners (Husband and wife), a few employees, and various contractors. They work with non-profits, in the social-good space, where they support people who want to make the world better.
The company launched a sub-brand about a year ago, that focuses on web accessibility, especially in using WordPress. The goal is to help navigate people who are blind, or motor impaired, who will be able to make WordPress websites much more accessible. They created a Plugin, which is an annual subscription business model. They also offer on-demand audits, which are additional one-time purchases, and consulting hours. The company is morphing from a typical marketing agency, into a “productized services company” (plugins for accessibility + consulting)
The new VA will report to the husband, who currently manages projects. The project manager VA they’re looking for will focus on managing all WordPress website projects as well as digital marketing campaigns (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Social media, etc). They have a handful of clients doing monthly services. The VA will NOT do the actual work/fulfillment of the work, they would ONLY manage the contractors/team who actually does the work/fulfillment. This is a client-facing role with frequent video calls with clients.
They are looking for someone with solid skills in project management and with a track record of successfully managing WordPress website projects and digital marketing campaigns in a small or mid-sized agency setting.
Looking for a project manager to work with a digital marketing agency, including web design projects on WordPress. The MOST important background for the VA is to either A) have experience managing WordPress web design projects. This means they know about WordPress at a high level (structure of WordPress, modules, plugins, visual composer, E-commerce, the ability to add WooCommerce), or B) Be a WordPress web designer, who in this specific role would NOT actually build a WordPress website, but would instead manage the projects. B) is preferred because they would have WordPress at a more specific level.
Ideally, if the candidate is experienced in PM and/or WordPress, they’ll be able to identify when certain client/changes or request will cause the budget OR timeline to be adjusted, etc, and in this case, would need to let the owners know about this
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to join a team with experience working remotely
– Great opportunity to help the team contribute to a great cause
– Ideal job for experienced project managers with knowledge of WordPress
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Thursday, June 17th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Monday, June 21st, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Managing WordPress Projects
– The VA will focus on seeing the Basecamp project, and see the list of tasks missing/due on a daily basis (Haystack on Basecamp, the most recent actions on the project)
– The VA must stay on top of everything that’s happening with the project
– The company has 5-6 active projects for web + 5 to 6 digital marketing campaigns/projects
– Every day they’ll see the activity feed, and find out what’s new tasks must be done
– They’ll do this for every project, and check the clients and team’s to-do list, and ensure all tasks are up to date
– If they’re not, the VA will need to check in with the client and team to find out how they’re doing in the process to complete each task due each week
– The VA will ensure they’ll find ways to improve the process of managing the projects, which may include creating SOP (standard operating procedures), new templates, checklist
– Must b someone that brings ideas to the table, and help redefine how to be better than the company currently is for project management.
2. Managing Digital Marketing Campaigns
– The same idea as item #1, but focused on managing marketing campaigns:
– Including managing the team members/contractors that actually do/fulfill the work on Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Social Media Campaigns, Content Writing/Management
3. Customer Service & Support
– Managing and monitoring communications on the project management tool
– The company uses Basecamp 3 as its software for project management
– The clients do also have access to the Basecamp platform and communicate through it
4. Team and Client’s Tasks Management
– Monitoring the status of clients and team tasks
– Making sure that everyone does their assigned tasks, both team members and clients
– Including due dates, checklists to complete, etc
– VA will need to recognize if there are any missing/overdue tasks (if the client/team is falling behind), and the VA will need to escalate the issues and inform the owner about the problem
5. Attend Client Zoom Meetings & Assign Tasks
– The VA will attend Zoom Calls, take notes
– It’s like a weekly project check-in, to see how things are going, etc.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.
C) People & Relationship
Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Great note-taking and notation skills (in writing by hand and/or on the computer).; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Must have experience with document management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.; Knowledge of using WordPress, including basic copywriting.
-Schedule: Ideally, 9 am – 1 pm Central Time US, Monday – Friday.
-Hours: 20 hours/week