Part-time Video Editor & Graphic Designer VA for Marketing Agency
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Marketing agency in New York with 5+ years of experience focused on media buying from, who works with various contractors and VAs from the Philippines to help offer multiple digital marketing services. The company focuses on offerings marketing for trade schools, with a customer base of 10 clients, but currently looking to grow.
The client is looking for a Graphic designer & Video Editor who is great at managing deadlines, with great attention to detail, a fast learner, with a background in digital marketing. The client is looking for someone who has a strong background in video editing and graphic design.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity for VAs with a Video Editing background
– Ideal job for detail-oriented Graphic Designers
– Great opportunity to grow in the digital marketing field along with the company
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, November 29th at 11:30 pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, December 1st, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Video Editing
– Basic video editing must-have video editing software like Premiere or final cut.
– Must have at least beginner-level familiarity to edit videos.
– Don’t have to be super advanced like creating animations but work on basic editing and cleaning of videos.
– Most importantly has a passion to grow their video editing skills and learn.
– Be able to show previous video editing pieces, please share a Google Drive folder link with all your video editing creations.
*In your proposal, please make sure to include a shareable to a Google Drive folder link, where you include some of your video creations.
2. Professional Graphic Design (Mid to Expert Level)
– Ability to design in Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
– Adobe InDesign knowledge
– Design graphic Ads and content (image and video) to be posted on social media
– Create digital mood boards
– Create graphic designs for websites, blogs, and landing pages
– Create infographics
– Create graphics for explainer or institutional videos
– Create graphic designs for e-Learning and e-book content
– User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), and/or Sketch knowledge
– Typography knowledge (Typesetting etc.)
*In your proposal, please make sure to include a shareable to a Google Drive folder link, where you include some of your graphic creations.
3. Website Maintenance (Basic Level)
– The client uses WordPress and Wix. Willing to provide training
– Website maintenance (update text/images) add reviews to the website
– Check the spelling/grammar, be responsible for reviewing and editing any content that might have mistakes
– Create content for web pages or landing pages
– Create outlines and suggest the list of web pages and/or menu the website should have
– Help with the creation of FAQs and help desk content
– Perform competitors analysis to see how other companies design their website
– Source images to accompany blog posts and status updates
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Interested in knowing about what’s going on with each team member’s persona/work-life balance.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Google Sheets’s experience and understanding.; Have a graphic design background. Able to create graphics, or use Canva/templates.
F) Industry Specific – Marketing Agencies
Have self-motivation rather than experience.; Should be interested in being part of today’s online media and marketing world.; Online marketing experience (email marketing, ads, etc).
– Schedule: Flexible within 9 am – 5 pm EST.
– Hours: 10 hours/week (with potential on increasing to 20hrs/week)
– Pay: $9-13/hr Part-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info: If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news!
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.