Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Marketing agency in New York with 5+ years of experience focused on media buying from, who works with various contractors and VAs from the Philippines to help offer multiple digital marketing services. The company focuses on offerings marketing for trade schools, with a customer base of 10 clients, but currently looking to grow.
The client is looking for a Graphic designer & Video Editor who is great at managing deadlines, with great attention to detail, a fast learner, with a background in digital marketing. The client is looking for someone who has a strong background in video editing and graphic design.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity for VAs with a Video Editing background
– Ideal job for detail-oriented Graphic Designers
– Great opportunity to grow in the digital marketing field along with the company
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, November 29th at 11:30 pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, December 1st, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Video Editing
– Basic video editing must-have video editing software like Premiere or final cut.
– Must have at least beginner-level familiarity to edit videos.
– Don’t have to be super advanced like creating animations but work on basic editing and cleaning of videos.
– Most importantly has a passion to grow their video editing skills and learn.
– Be able to show previous video editing pieces, please share a Google Drive folder link with all your video editing creations.
*In your proposal, please make sure to include a shareable to a Google Drive folder link, where you include some of your video creations.
2. Professional Graphic Design (Mid to Expert Level)
– Ability to design in Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
– Adobe InDesign knowledge
– Design graphic Ads and content (image and video) to be posted on social media
– Create digital mood boards
– Create graphic designs for websites, blogs, and landing pages
– Create infographics
– Create graphics for explainer or institutional videos
– Create graphic designs for e-Learning and e-book content
– User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), and/or Sketch knowledge
– Typography knowledge (Typesetting etc.)
*In your proposal, please make sure to include a shareable to a Google Drive folder link, where you include some of your graphic creations.
3. Website Maintenance (Basic Level)
– The client uses WordPress and Wix. Willing to provide training
– Website maintenance (update text/images) add reviews to the website
– Check the spelling/grammar, be responsible for reviewing and editing any content that might have mistakes
– Create content for web pages or landing pages
– Create outlines and suggest the list of web pages and/or menu the website should have
– Help with the creation of FAQs and help desk content
– Perform competitors analysis to see how other companies design their website
– Source images to accompany blog posts and status updates
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Interested in knowing about what’s going on with each team member’s persona/work-life balance.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Google Sheets’s experience and understanding.; Have a graphic design background. Able to create graphics, or use Canva/templates.
F) Industry Specific – Marketing Agencies
Have self-motivation rather than experience.; Should be interested in being part of today’s online media and marketing world.; Online marketing experience (email marketing, ads, etc).
– Schedule: Flexible within 9 am – 5 pm EST.
– Hours: 10 hours/week (with potential on increasing to 20hrs/week)