Part-time Tech Business Analyst for Digital Marketing Agency
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA in the next 7 days through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client’s company helps business owners build a brand and grow their social media presence, drive more traffic to their offers, and reach new customers with social media. They do it by giving these businesses a voice on social media with content carefully written for them.
Our client is looking to hire a part-time analyst to join a small team looking for potential acquisition or investment opportunities in the B2B software industry.
Your role would involve researching and evaluating opportunities, screening listings in marketplaces, with the goal of generating opportunities for investment or acquisition of small Internet business. You’ll be reaching out directly to company founders and try and create an opportunity for a first meeting.
You’ll join a small team building and running multiple software projects. You’ll work closely with the company founder and have the opportunity to expand the role to increase your responsibilities and lead the due diligence process and negotiate a deal.
Important Test Questions:
Please respond to these questions as detailed as possible as part of your proposal, the client asked us to include this.
1. What makes an Internet or software business more scalable than other types of businesses?
2. What are the software tools website owners running an eCommerce store most need to run their business, and why?
3.David built a great product for Amazon sellers at landingcube.com, how would you approach him with a short, informal email to see if he’s interested in selling his business?
The client is looking for a detail-oriented VA with great research skills. See more “Requirements” below.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, January 18th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, January 20th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Listings Building & Appointment Setting
– Monitor marketplaces for new listings meeting the criteria the company will set e.g. size of the business, size of the deal, type of application/business
– Respond to listings and book meetings
– Follow up as needed to book a meeting
– Take part in meetings and organize due diligence steps
– You will assist the sales team in closing the deal
2. Research & Data Entry
– Filter and screen large databases (e.g. WordPress plugins) to identify interesting opportunities in spaces we’re interested in (e.g. SEO plugins)
– Research each opportunity to see if it meets the company’s criteria (e.g. great reviews, active users)
– Research company founders, identify their contact details, reach out with an email.
(New) Personality Test:
If you haven’t, take this 7-8 minutes test and add your personalized link to your proposal. You just need to take it once and use the same link for all future proposals: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
NOTE: Please send your unique personalized URL/link, after finishing the test click on “Send my results by email”
WRONG LINK TO SAVE: Generic personality link https://www.16personalities.com/estj-personality
CORRECT LINK TO SAVE (Sent by email): Your unique results link
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– A VA with an interest in tech, startups, and websites
– A web analytical mindset, entrepreneurial, business background, critical thinker, excellent writing and email skills
– Excellent organization skills
– The VA should be comfortable with Google sheets and databases
– You should have a keen interest in technology and software development.
– A business or technical background would be preferable. You must have an analytical mind, excellent writing skills, research skills.
– You should be comfortable with spreadsheets and databases.
– If you’re passionate about business and technology, know a good business when you see it and have an interest in perhaps building a business of your own one day, this is the role for you.
-Schedule: Flexible within EST business hours
-Hours: 10hrs/week, with potential to increase the hours
– Pay: $7-9/hr Part-time ($6-8/hr if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the tasks categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.