Part-time Social Media Manager for Financial Coach
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Online financial coach and advisor from Seattle, Washington, that has been in the industry for over 3 years. The client is mainly intaking clients that are Latinas or women of color as there is a lack of knowledge in managing finances in the demographics of clients that she is targeting. The client helps and coaches them to automate their finances, create passive incomes, and teach them to invest in the stock market. The client also coaches them on creating an online business to streamline additional income by empowering their talent.
The majority of the clients are females ranging between 25-42 years old. The client is currently seeking a talented Social Media Manager to be more effective using the main platforms and creating the right content.
Software the client currently uses:
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity for VAs with graphic design & social media management skills.
– Great opportunity to grow along with a company with a great environment.
– Join a company that helps women improve their finances.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, November 29th at 11:30 pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, December 1st, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Basic Content & Blog Management
– Blog management, blog calendar, and creation of ideas/titles.
– Help the client organize everything related to content creation, titles, dates, etc.
– Help with blog transcribing NOT actually writing the posts
2. Basic Social Media Management
– Help with Social Media content organization, scheduling & management
– Publish posts on different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc)
– Basic content writing and also create simple graphics
– Create a social media calendar to post X times a week
3. Basic Marketing Research
– Research for white papers, blogs, etc.
– Researching what other companies are doing to learn from them
– Research new content ideas, trends in order to use them to create the client’s own blog posts
– Research for events where the client can attend or host
4. Basic Graphic Design
– Create simple graphics for social media.
– Create or edit simple graphics for email campaigns
– Create simple banners, gifs, or videos in Canva
– Other basic graphic designs, only includes simple web-based design not professional design in Photoshop or Illustrator
*In your proposal, please make sure to include a shareable link to a Google Drive folder, where you include some of your graphic creations.
5. General Research
– Online competitors research
– Search for supplier/vendors information to contact
– Online research for events for the client to attend or participate
– The VA will help the client find companies that are related to her concept.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.; Ideally looking for someone super friendly, cool, and interesting.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, “it’s just work”.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Must be able to meet the regular business office hours but open to overtime.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Google Sheets’s experience and understanding.
– Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 11:00 am PST (Flexible once hired)
– Hours: 10 hours/week
– Pay: $8-10/hr/hr Part-time ($7-9/hr if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info: If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news!
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.