Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is originally from Ecuador but is based in Barcelona. She has an interesting marketing background; she has worked with big corporate companies such as Pepsi, Google, etc. After gaining a lot of experience, she decided to move to Barcelona 3 years ago, got into the digital business, and started her own consulting and marketing company. She focuses mainly on consulting since she started her career with Google digital academy in the UK when she was a freelancer teaching digital marketing for clients in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. From that experience with them, she understood how the business works and started getting clients organically. She offers services that provide a blend between marketing branding experience and her knowledge in digital marketing. She helps companies by offering branding services to create a brand from scratch as well as several workshops to create or change a brand. The client develops the visual branding and manages all the project deliverables. None of her clients are in Europe, most are in the US, and others are in Ecuador.
The client wants the VA to focus on the operational tasks that she is doing, such as basic bookkeeping, calendar management, document organizations, and some basic marketing research. Since she lives in Barcelona, she needs this VA to become her second hand and work with her clients in the EST timezone in order to cover for her in that timezone. She is super excited to work with a VA for the long run and very enthusiastic about training them and teaching them as much as possible.
Software the client currently uses:
– Google site
– Click up (project management tool)
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to directly with the company owner.
– Great opportunity to further develop your digital marketing skills.
– Ideal for a VA passionate about marketing and branding.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, October 24th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, October 26th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Follow-up with Projects (through ClickUp)
– Help projects flow through her project management.
– Create follow-up email templates
– Follow-up leads by click up, email, or text message as necessary
– Follow up with people in regards to giving them updates about their projects
– Follow-up with existing clients to gather feedback and/or reviews
2. Marketing Research (Basic Level)
– Research what other companies are doing to learn from them
– Perform general market research
– Research on Google to find new suppliers for graphic designers, photographers, sourcing talent for what her clients may need.
3. Other General Admin Tasks
– Create Slack channels for each client
– Create and publish jobs, events, listings, etc on 3rd party sites: Facebook, Craigslist, etc
– Create Canva and Google Slide presentations
– Generate reports related to given/provided data
– Help with new client onboarding
– Help with online forms or questionnaires like jotform.com, and potentially help to adjust/fix/edit the form to ensure it’s well designed, written, and/or translated
– Help the client write standard operating procedures for the business (SOP)
– Perform repetitive data entry
– Take notes during team/client meetings & time organization
– Update spreadsheets
– Update customer’s “Flash reports” including information about Facebook/Google campaigns statistics, screenshots of the business manager, etc.
4. Basic Bookkeeping
– The VA will be working with her accountant, the accountant is in charge of everything but VA will help with the operational part of her business with daily transactions.
– Categorize expenses from bank accounts and/or credit cards
– Create & send receipts to clients who have completed payments
– Create quotes/invoices to send to the company’s clients
– Enter online payments and/or upload invoices received from vendors
– Follow-up & receive payments
– Have knowledge of accounting software like And.co (invoicing tool she uses)
– Send invoices/bills via email to each client
5. Digital Files Management
– Convert files into digital format in Google sheets, G-drive.
– Help to digitize paperwork by using Google Sheets and Dropbox to share files
– Organize digital files and help to manage documents online
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.; Super empathetic, energetic, and understand the client’s need.; Ideally looking for someone super friendly, cool, and interesting.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Supportive, and always be willing to help.; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.
F) Industry Specific – Marketing Agencies
Someone with previous experience in working with Marketing Agencies or related it’s ideal but not a requirement. Have self-motivation rather than experience.; Should be interested in being part of today’s online media and marketing world.; Enjoy working in market research, helping build lists of leads, etc.
– Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-10:00am Eastern time
– Hours: 10 hours/week