Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Los Angeles-based video production company and original content strategists who are helping through story-telling videos for branding and businesses since 2020. It is an LA-based video production company and original content strategist. The company partners with brands, organizations, and individuals to develop branded video and a purposeful content strategy that is aligned with their mission and helps their products/services get into the hands of more engaged consumers and clients. The company produces from commercial production to Youtube-based content to animated social media content. The company is seeking a highly-skilled Video Editor to work on their projects.
They have a team of 2 Partners, 1 head of production. The rest of the crew are freelancers and contractors. The virtual video editor they’re looking to hire will be reporting head of the production.
The client is looking for a highly skilled video editor, proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro.
The client is really looking for quality, someone that is comfortable editing video content and has skill in the field.
The creative team can work on their own schedule – as long as they’re responsive, available, and able to meet deadlines.
Software the client currently uses:
– Google Drive & Dropbox
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a new and growing marketing agency.
– Ideal for VAs comfortable working on their own and meeting deadlines.
– Opportunity for VAs with extensive experience in video editing using Adobe Premiere Suite.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Thursday, September 23rd, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Monday, September 27th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Video Editing
– Proficient Video Editing using Adobe Premiere Pro
– The VA should be knowledgeable about all functions of the Adobe Premiere Pro Suite
– Reviewing audio and visual footage
– Digitally splicing film and video and synchronizing them into one rough cut file
– Inputting graphics to enhance footage
– Inputting sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-overs
– Improving and correcting lighting, coloring, and faulty footage
– Working closely with the head of the production to present a final product that matches his or her vision
– Splitting or combining video clips, adding appropriate sounds or graphics, and watching the finished product to catch mistakes before submitting it for review
– The VA will be uploading all video footage to Dropbox and as well as sharing it via frame.io for review
– The VA will notify the head of the production to inform about the uploaded work via email
*In your proposal, please make sure to include a shareable to a Google Drive folder, where you include some of your video editing work.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Go-getter and/or entrepreneurial attitude.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.
C) People & Relationship
Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, it just works.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.
E) Technology & Software
Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Video editing background, edit/cut videos to convert into simple clips, and/or add audio files into the videos.; Ability to use Adobe Premiere Pro
F) Industry Specific
Someone with previous experience in working with Marketing Agencies or related; Should be interested in being part of today’s online media and marketing world.; Should enjoy working on video projects
-Schedule: Preferably Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 11:00 am PST (But the Schedule can be flexible once the VA is hired.)
-Hours: 10 hours/week