Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The organization is a non-profit Jewish community in San Diego, California. It is a Jewish organization that helps students from San Diego State University (SDSU) feel part of the community by hosting a variety of free events. The organization is run by the Rabbi and his wife, and they’re looking for help with various marketing and general admin tasks.
The community is mostly made up of students aged 18-25, but there are also various other members that are not part of the University who also attend the organization’s event, including young adults, families, etc.
This person will be responsible for assisting with editing episodes for the client’s podcast.
They are currently looking for someone to take raw .wav files then splice, edit, adjust audio with certain audio enhancements, export as .mp3, and upload to server. Creating intro and ending.
The position also requires skills in the use of audio and video editing software and a background in sound recording or editing.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work with a non-profit organization helping students
– Opportunity for VAs with excellent English written skills
– Great opportunity for VAs who are experienced in video editing
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, November 14th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, November 16th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Podcast Editing Tasks
– Edit audio, add clips, splice clips, process with enhancements
– Upload and download to server
– Ensure quality of audio
– Turn around finished product quickly
– Assembling raw footage and transferring or uploading it to a computer
– Following a script, screenplay, or outline
– Inputting sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-overs
– Inputting graphics to enhance footage
– Digitally splicing film and video and synchronizing them into one rough cut file
– Improving and correcting lighting, coloring, and faulty footage
– Working closely with directors to present a final product that matches his or her vision
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– Very good at audio edits, splicing, mixing, and enhancements
– Understand the basics of podcasting, what platform should we post on, and how to post both audio and video
– Creative, curious, high energy, positive personality
– Has experience with podcasting or video edits
– Schedule: Monday to Friday, Ideally 2 to 4 pm PST daily but flexible
– Hours: 10 hours/week