Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client has owned an immigration law firm in Boston, Massachusetts, for eight years now. Her primary clients are Spanish-speaking, some Portuguese-speaking, but mainly Spanish-speaking, and recent immigrants. They concentrate primarily on family petitions and family-based immigration, but also deportation defense. They currently are a team of 18 who come to the office in person, and they also have a remote team with four virtual people.
The client is a very busy lawyer and needs a VA who has experience working as a personal or executive assistant before who can help the client be organized as much as possible. She doesn’t have much time to keep her personal and work life organized. Ideally, the VA will help her give by providing tips and tricks on how to prepare for the day or for the week or what’s upcoming in her calendar. In addition, the VA will help her with her LinkedIn account, update her education, her experience, and connecting with relevant people in the law firm industry only for a while as they are hiring someone to handle her social media. On the other hand, the VA will help her with her personal calendar and work calendar, cleaning up her emails and sorting out what’s relevant.
Software the client currently uses:
– Outlook email & calendar
– Gmail & Google calendar
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to help the main lawyer organize her daily schedule.
– Great opportunity to learn more about immigration law.
– Ideal job for VAs with previous executive assistant experience.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, October 24th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, October 26th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Help the client/owner of the company to manage his/her email and calendar
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and handling email
– Set up automatic bookings online, and share booking links with clients as needed, and schedule meetings for the client.
– Create weekly and daily rough drafts of the client’s schedule to help the client organize what’s next for the way and for the week.
2. Basic Social Media Management
– Help with Social Media content organization, scheduling & management
– Publish posts on Linkedin.
– Basic content writing and also create simple graphics
– Create a social media calendar to post X times a week
– Monitor & respond to messages/inbox on any social media channel
– LinkedIn making connections with Law school people, BAR people, and keeping her profile relevant.
– Send messages to Linkedin to reply thank you’s or congratulations to whomever the community might be congratulating.
3. Other General Admin tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Must be ok with speaking on the phone for long periods and be pleasant on the phone.; Super empathetic, energetic, and understand the client’s need.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Great note-taking and notation skills (in writing by hand and/or on the computer).
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.
– Schedule: 3 hrs a day Monday – Friday 9:00 am -12:00 pm EST
– Hours: 15 hours/week