Part-time Paralegal VA for Immigration Law Firm
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client has an immigration law firm, with 2 lawyers and 1 paralegal, and 1 virtual admin assistant.
The client has been doing a lot of paralegal work and needs someone to help to take those tasks from her. They adjusted to virtual work during the pandemic, so they know how to work remotely. The client has 50% of their clients who speak Spanish and 50% in English.
Software the client currently uses:
– Lawlogics, immigration forms program (The client will provide training on how to use the software)
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to join a small team & great working environment
– Great opportunity to advance your skills with training provided by the client
– Ideal job opportunity for VAs who enjoy being on the phone & have excellent communication skills
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, May 4th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, May 6th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Client Communication, Support & Follow-ups
– Client communication with the client via email and phone is the most important part
– Answer simple questions if a client calls and asks for an update about a case, court dates, etc.
– If the client asks a law-related question, take a message and/or forward the question to the right paralegal or attorney
– Follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court
– When clients need to make payments, the VA would need to make sure clients pay their bills
– Write monthly letters to clients with a general update on their case
– Take credit card payments over the phone
2. Follow-up with Clients
– VA must constantly follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court.
– VA must follow up over the phone, text message, email, Whatsapp, or whatever is necessary to get the info they need from each client. This may include booking calls and/or appointments with clients, adding them to a calendar, AND then again following up to make clients shows up
3. Fill Out Forms & Questionnaires
– The client has a case management system
– The paralegal would have to fill the forms based on the clients
– Fill out multiple forms and put them together in a folder
– Prepare the PDF forms pre-filled with the client’s information, after gathering the info and facts.
– Attach and create the exhibits for each client, ensuring that all items are there
– Send forms and exhibits to the lawyer for a final review
4. Gathering Clients Info & Obtaining Documents
– Gather information from customers over the phone and email
– Get all their basic info such as their name, family’s name, relatives’ names, etc.
– Gather info about their customer’s last 5 years of places they lived, and where they worked.
– Enter all the information into the proper case management system or CRM
5. Prepare Case Indexes
– They also do deportation and citizenship processes
– So they have to sort out the proof and put them together
– The VA will also have to put exhibit for court
– Prepare case indexes with all the reports, statements, and affidavit
– Help legal assistants by putting clients’ case and all documents together
6. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Help the law firm’s staff and/or CEO manage his calendar appropriately
– Schedule appointments with clients, and/or clients with other staff using the calendar, as necessary
– Save the appointments into Google Calendar, or any other calendar management system
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– Someone very tech-savvy and detailed oriented.
– No need for a lawyer, open to working with lawyers but not necessary
– Great English skills are mandatory for this position and good grammar skills
– Not a heavy accent required
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines, and fulfilling expectations.; Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.; Willing to learn companies office mgt program and our system – Citrix (similar to dropbox) must know how to use adobe
-Schedule: Monday to Friday or Monday to Thursday- hours can be flexible within business hours 9 am-5 pm, Eastern Time. Friday is usually quiet so it’s up to the VA
-Hours: 20 hours/week
– Pay: $8-11/hr Part-time ($7-10/hr if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.