Part-time Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager for Lifestyle and Online Biz Consultant
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client owns a chic personal development lifestyle brand, geared towards corporate and entrepreneurial women who are looking to navigate the distractions of modern-day life and develop the mindset & systems to focus on what really matters and reach their goals intentionally through lifestyle workshops, digital courses, 1 on1 consultation, and her signature program. The client is already working with another VA from VL.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to help the client empower more entrepreneurial women
– Opportunity to showcase your creativity with graphics and video edition
– Great chance to support the client to increase their social media presence
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, June 14th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, June 16th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Professional Graphic Design (Mid to Expert Level)
– Mainly graphic designer and video editor and organizing the content. The client will provide the strategy.
– The VA will have simple templates to share with her clients, the VA will have to crate use Canva, and InDesign ideally.
– Most of the content will be for Instagram, but the client needs most with a graphic designer.
– Ability to design in Photoshop, Illustrator Canva, and ideally InDesign
– Adobe InDesign knowledge
– Professional video editing knowledge and experience
– Design graphic Ads and content (image and video) to be posted on social media
– Create digital mood boards
– Create graphic designs for websites, blogs, and landing pages
– Create infographics
– Create graphics for explainer or institutional videos
– Create graphic designs for e-Learning and e-book content
– User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), and/or Sketch knowledge
– Typography knowledge (Typesetting etc.)
2. Basic Content & Blog Management
– Blog management, blog calendar, and creation of ideas/titles.
– Help the client organize everything related to content creation, titles, dates, etc.
– Help with blog transcribing NOT actually writing the posts
3. Content Creation & Copywriting
– Create basic content for social media posts.
– Create short blog posts (under 500 words) – Does not include professional copywriting
– Create basic content for web pages or landing pages
– Help with the creation of FAQs and help desk content
4. Basic Social Media Management
– Help with Social Media content organization, scheduling & management
– Publish posts on different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc)
– Basic content writing and also create simple graphics
– Create a social media calendar to post X times a week
– Monitor & respond to messages/inbox on any social media channel
5. Basic Marketing Research
– Research for white papers, blogs, etc.
– Researching what other companies are doing to learn from them
– Research new content ideas, trends in order to use them to create the client’s own blog posts
– Research for events where the client can attend or host
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– It would be great to have a person that loves graphics and social media for marketing purposes based on the company’s goals. The client’s current VA and herself have done lots of work to get content, so they can guide. They really need someone that can get into helping the brand and clients’ brands look cohesive.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.; Super empathetic, energetic, and understand the client’s need.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, it’s just work.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.; Must be able to meet the regular business office hours but open to overtime.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.; Have a graphic design background. Able to create graphics, or use Canva/templates.; Video editing background, edit/cut videos to convert into simple clips, and/or add audio files into the videos.
-Schedule: Open to having VA work three days a week or split it up. The schedule is flexible within business hours, EST.
-Hours: 10 hours/week
– Pay: $7-11/hr Part-time ($6-10/hr if it becomes full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.