Part-time General Administrative Assistant for Law Firm
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a sole owner of a law firm in New York and has been in business since 2015. The client and her team, work in litigation yet they focus really on intellectual property law. Right now they have a team of six, five of them are attorneys and one of them is a paralegal. Most of the team are working remotely, but they do have a physical office in New York. The paralegal is in Chicago, however, the whole team currently works remotely.
The law firm has a trademark portfolio of almost 400 marks that they are monitoring, plus they get new marks every month. They also have 90 patent clients as estimation with ongoing work, so the law firm has a good number of clients.
They are a team of 6 people, 5 of them are lawyers and 1 paralegal, the VA will solely respond to the client.
The client needs the VA to perform general administrative tasks such as CRM, leads, and client management, organizing files, calendar management, and scheduling appointments. The law firm has a CRM where they have a number of workflows that they use to automatically send emails to clients. The VA will be responsible for approving those workflows, which is just a matter of pressing a button so the workflow can continue. The VA will be giving their clients updates on their cases or just following up to see if they received an invoice or sending legal services, agreements and invoices. The client also needs someone who can help her post on LinkedIn in the companies profile which is connected to the client’s LinkedIn.
Software the client currently uses:
– Dubsado CRM, G-Suite, Trello, Slack, Zoom, and Zapier.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Learn about intellectual property law & support the firm’s clients in their processes
– Join a small team & work directly with the firm’s owner
– Contribute to the organization of the company
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, July 25th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, July 27th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Manage CRM & Data Entry
– The client gets leads through emails, Yelp, or Findlaw so the VA will monitor that the workflow in their CRM is working as the client has everything automized with internal zaps
– The VA will need to just follow the email workflow for potential prospects
– Convert files into digital format in Excel sheets
– Help the company organize, clean, update, and maintain the client’s database
– Maintain all of the communications and client data up-to-date
– Add new clients & update existing ones into the CRM system
– Process and handle customer support orders and/or tickets
– Repetitive data entry (entering online payments or uploading invoices received from vendors)
– Create and publish jobs, events, listings, etc on 3rd party sites: Facebook, Craigslist, etc
2. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Pre-screen new potential clients, and make sure they’re the right fit to be clients
– Help the client/owner of the company to manage his/her email and calendar
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and handling email
– Set up automatic bookings online, and share booking links with clients as needed
3. Basic Bookkeeping
– Create invoices to send to the company’s clients
– Data entry in their CRM when a payment has been received
– When they receive a payment, the company gets a notification in a Slack Channel, the VA will have to see that notification, mark it as received in their CRM, and then save a copy of the invoice as a PDF in a drive folder
– Create quotes/invoices to send to the company’s leads & clients
– Send invoices/bills via email to each client
– Follow-up & receive payments
– Create & send receipts to clients who have completed payments
– Categorize expenses from bank accounts and/or credit cards
– Other basic bookkeeping tasks – Does not include professional bookkeeping or software expertise
4. Organize Digital Files
– The VA will have to save their paid invoices as PDFs in a Drive folder.
– Upload and organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on products/services/categories
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date
– Organize and input files by product, service, or client
5. Basic Social Media Management
– The company has a Slack Channel where they all post articles, if there’s an article the client would like to be posted on the LinkedIn page, she’ll mark it for posting, and then she would want the VA to add it to a Google sheet that the client has created and create a Bit.ly link to the article. The client then creates a text that goes along with the posting in a Google sheet and the VA would use what the client writes in the Google sheet and the Bit.ly link and then post it on their LinkedIn account.
– The VA will not be expected to create graphics or content, but to help the client post these articles that have been already created.
– Help with Social Media content organization, scheduling & management
– Publish posts on different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc)
– Create a social media calendar to post X times a week
– Monitor & respond to messages/inbox on any social media channel
6. Customer Service & Support
– Email communication responding to clients’ inquiries. (The client will direct the VA on how to reply to these emails)
– Talk to people who are mainly existing clients, as well as new potential ones.
– Follow-up calls with leads, vendors, clients, etc.
– Leads management (filter and sort leads of potential new clients)
7. Follow-up with Leads & Potential Clients
– Create follow-up email templates
– Follow-up with potential customers to answer questions and set up demos
– Follow-up by email or text messages
– Follow up with leads/clients an infinite number of times until they reply
– Follow up with prospects/leads that did NOT show up to an appointment, so make sure they reschedule
8. Other General Admin tasks
– The client has standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in place, the VA will update the SOPs with any changes that may have happened.
– Simple research for the VA to conduct for vendors, a company contact, suppliers for the company.
– The client uses Zapier and she does not want the VA to create zaps. All the automation has been created and is working, but there’s a small monthly task where the VA has to update a task and swap a thing in Zapier where the client will provide training on how to do which is very simple and takes less than 2 minutes.
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Take notes during team/client meetings, organizing minutes
– Generate reports related to given/provided data
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Great note-taking and notation skills (in writing by hand and/or on the computer).
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Google Sheets’s experience and understanding.
F) Industry Specific – Law Firms
Willingness to represent the company, his/her approach should be friendly and supportive.
– Schedule: Monday – Friday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm 3 hours a day Eastern time
– Hours: 15 hours/week
– Pay: $9-13/hr Part-time ($8-12/hr if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.