Part-time General Admin VA for Property Management Business
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client owns a company with her husband in Portland Oregon, for about 6 months now. They own multi rental family properties and have several homes they are self-managing and bookkeeping. They own 3 properties and manage 10 tenants. They also have property management software in place that helps them a lot with landlords since almost everything is pure self-management to them, their top tier has a choice to request their own maintenance, coordinators, and facilitators. This same portal where tenants, land, and property managers can message back and forth is also where they can go online and pay their rent. The client is very self-motivated and does a lot, and is looking for someone very organized and multitasker who can keep track of their bookkeeping mainly so she can focus on the rest.
The client is looking for someone who can help with the tasks that consume so much time of their time, as they personally have other jobs going on so they can look into new properties acquisitions. The VA will take care of their email and help them keep on track and track metrics and run reports on QuickBooks. The VA will mostly help with bookkeeping and help with the tenant portal site where people ask questions and help them coordinate any rehab projects making calls to the right people, also trying to organize things more so like property management even though they already have a maintenance software that takes care of this.
The list of tasks may seem long yet the tasks don’t happen every day, as they have many slow days, many tasks are once a year or once a month.
Software the client uses:
– Hemlane (software for their property management) portal where tenants and property managers can chat back and forth
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work closely with the owners of the company.
– Opportunity to be part of the company’s growth.
– Ideal job for VAs with customer support or management background.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, September 6th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, September 8th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Basic Bookkeeping
– Create quotes/invoices to send to the company’s leads & clients
– Send invoices/bills via email to each client
– Follow-up & receive payments
– Create & send receipts to clients who have completed payments
– Categorize expenses from bank accounts and/or credit cards
– Other basic bookkeeping tasks – Does not include professional bookkeeping or software expertise with QuickBooks preferable ideally in QuickBooks online if not client willing to train.
2. Tenant Management & Follow-up
– Follow-up with tenants, make sure they have their latest home/rent insurance paperwork filled
– They might need to follow up after each new maintenance request is completed and make sure it was done correctly
– List renewals follow-up with tenants
– Add invoices to the accounting system (Accounts payable entering)
3. Notify Owners & Tenants of Renewals
– Notify the owners/tenants within 30 or 60 days before contracts expire and how they need to be assisted
– Notify renewals by email and/or phone calls
– Sent documents to be signed digitally by the tenant
– Follow up as necessary with tenants to ensure they sign the new renewals online
4. Delinquencies Follow-up
– When rent is due, and if tenants haven’t paid, the company gives the tenant info on the next steps
– Calls the tenant to remind them that it’s due and there are late fees
– If they don’t end up paying, the company starts a legal process, to evict them
5. Collecting Insurance Information
– Reminding owners and helping them coordinate, upcoming recurring tasks such as routine property inspections and maintenance. (This is a yearly task)
6. Manage Property Software CRM & Data Entry
– Enter new properties for rent or sold/purchased
– Find key basic information about each new tenant/owner (Name, email, phone #, etc).
– Handle security deposits (receive and repay)
– Move-in/Move-out inspections management, and then request/pay deposits as needed
– Email property owners a list of the move-in/move-out report, details, and costs
– Repetitive data entry (entering online payments or uploading invoices received from vendors)
7. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Pre-screen new potential clients, and make sure they’re the right fit to be clients
– Help the client/owner of the company to manage his/her email and calendar
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and emails
– Set up automatic bookings online, so the VA will help send that link to clients as needed
– For appointments, when a maintenance request comes in from a tenant, the VA needs to coordinate between the contractor/vendor and the tenant who lives in the units
8. Customize Letters Using Template
– Use templates to create/send letters by email or regular mail
– Customize and send rent renewal letters, late payment letters, insurance request letters, etc.
– Send ends violation letters, to ask people to fix things that are not up-to-quality on their property
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– Property management industry experience would be ideal but not mandatory, the client is looking for a VA with customer support or management background.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Go-getter and/or entrepreneurial attitude.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.
C) People & Relationship
Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, it’s just work.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.
F) Industry Specific – Property Management
Ideally someone with previous experience in the Property Management industry or related.; Willing to help with everything related to customer support and/or contractors management.; Comfortable with handling someone not being spoken nicely to. People could call when they’re mad and have problems/issues).; Someone that’s very diligent doing follow-ups with the client and/on contractors.
– Schedule: Monday-Friday 2hrs/day 9:00 am – 11:00 am Pacific time.
– Hours: 10 hours/week
– Pay: $8-13/hr Part-time ($7-12/hr if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.