Part-time General Admin Assistant for Online Hip-Hop Platform
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Unique online platform with a mission to elevate hip-hop culture. The company its headquarters in Bay Area, California, and has been in business for over 3 years. The company creates insightful content and products for the people taking hip-hop to the next level. That includes the artists becoming moguls, leaders reaching new heights, and fans inspired by hip-hop’s growing influence. The CEO is a business graduate with amazing skills in writing who believes that the hip-hop industry has a huge future of growth through education. That being said, one of the upcoming projects is creating education courses about the industry and the career in the hip-hop community. The main source of clients to this concept are sponsors that invest in the newsletters and podcasts created by the company, music tech companies, executives that are in the hip-hop industry, investors that are interested in the industry, and people with platforms within the creator space. The company is seeking a great General Admin Assistant who can take the extra workload from the CEO so that the company can keep scaling to the next level.
Software the client currently uses:
– Superhuman Email management
– Calendly for Calendar Management
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work directly with the company’s CEO and learn about the music industry.
– Ideal job for a VA willing to grow along with the company.
– Great opportunity to further develop your administrative skills.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, October 11th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, October 13th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Other General Admin Tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
– Follow up with emails.
– Generate reminders for the CEO.
2. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Pre-screen new potential clients, and make sure they’re the right fit to be clients
– Help the client/owner of the company to manage his/her email and calendar
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and handling email
– Set up automatic bookings online, and share booking links with clients as needed
3. Organize Digital Files
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on products/services/categories
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date
– Organize and input files by product, service, or client
– The VA will receive artwork from Fiverr and then locate it in the right folder in their Google Drive for CEO to get access to it.
4. Basic Content & Blog Management
– Blog management, blog calendar, and creation of ideas/titles.
– Help the client organize everything related to content creation, titles, dates, etc.
– Help with blog transcribing NOT actually writing the posts
5. Basic Bookkeeping
– Create quotes/invoices to send to the company’s leads & clients
– Send invoices/bills via email to each client
– Follow-up & receive payments
– Create & send receipts to clients who have completed payments
– Categorize expenses from bank accounts and/or credit cards
– Other basic bookkeeping tasks – Does not include professional bookkeeping or software expertise
6. Follow-up with Lead & Potential Clients
– Create follow-up email templates
– Follow-up with potential customers to answer questions and set up demos
– Follow-up by email or text messages
– Follow up with leads/clients an infinite number of times until they reply
– Follow up with prospects/leads that did NOT show up to an appointment, so make sure they reschedule
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Super empathetic, energetic, and understand the client’s need.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Have the initiative to help the customer with lots of things.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.
C) People & Relationship
Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.; Knowledge of using WordPress, including basic copywriting.
F) Industry Specific – Music Industry (NOT REQUIRED)
Someone that has passion or knowledge in the music industry.
– Schedule: Monday – Friday 8 am – 12 pm PT
– Hours: 21 hours/week
– Pay: $7.50-10.50/hr Part-time ($7-10/hr if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news!
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.