Part-time (FT Availability) General Admin & Creative Digital Marketing VA
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The Client has a design studio and has been part of 2 other companies in the entertainment business for more than 10 years.
She also owns a huge global platform, which is an industry standard when it comes to motion graphics.
She is also part of a non-profit company, an art director, and provides support with graphic design. They help vulnerable communities, giving them an art approach, to develop their career in tech and art.
She worked as an art director for NBC on the Today Show for 12 years.
She has been doing everything else herself, so she is overworking a little, and wants to hire someone who can help her succeed.
The client is looking for a highly organized VA with great attitude skills. See more “Ideal Requirements” below.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Great opportunity to work with a girl-power Latina, that is looking to give back to the Latino community and help others.
– Opportunity to learn about working in Corporate America.
– Opportunity to work with a client with an amazing work ethic and empower Latinos, specifically women.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, April 19th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, April 21st, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Organize Digital Files
– Establish a workflow for the company, on the Project Management tool (experience in Project Management Software ideally)
– Someone able to set up the boards to organize the client’s work
– Someone who will be able to give the client the ultimate to-do list
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on products/services/categories
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date
– Organize and input files by product, service, or client
2. Basic Website Maintenance
– Helping the client organize the info for her website as she doesn’t own a website yet
– So the VA will have to help with the tasks to get the website done
– Login to the website’s backend in order to update it
– Add reviews, properties, products or other content to the website
– Basic update text, images to the website
– May include updating content on WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, etc.
– May require the client to provide some training, or training resources for VA to self-learn
3. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– The VA will be at the meeting taking notes with the client
– Pre-screen new potential clients, and make sure they’re the right fit to be clients
– Help the client/owner of the company manage his/her email and calendar
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and handling email
– Set up automatic bookings online, and share booking link with clients as needed
4. Other General Admin Tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Take notes during team/client meetings, organizing minutes
– Generate reports related to given/provided data
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
5. Content Creation & Copywriting
– Create basic content for social media posts.
– Create short blog posts (under 500 words) – Does not include professional copywriting
– Create basic content for web pages or landing pages
– Help with the creation of FAQs and help desk content
6. Basic Email Marketing
– Design simple email templates for newsletters
– Share content by email that includes customer success stories, industry trends/news, product updates, etc.
– Create an email marketing calendar for monthly campaigns
– Manage MailChimp lists and campaigns or any other email marketing platform
– Basic setup of the email marketing automation funnel
7. Basic Graphic Design
– Create simple graphics for social media
– Create or edit simple graphics for email campaigns
– Create simple banners, gifs, or videos in Canva
– Other basic graphic designs, this only includes simple web-based design not professional design in Photoshop or Illustrator
8. Lead Generation & List Building
– Research directories, websites, Yellowpages online to gather new leads
– Build an Excel/Google sheets list with basic contact info
– Sort list that can be turned into a CSV file to upload on any CRM or email software
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary; Super empathetic, energetic, and understand the client’s need; Ideally looking for someone super friendly, cool, and interesting.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Go-getter and/or entrepreneurial attitude.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener; Supportive, and always be willing to help; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines, and fulfilling expectations; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented; Should be smart and a great problem-solver; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Must have experience with document management on Google Drive/ Dropbox; Have a graphic design background. Able to create graphics, or use Canva/templates; Video editing background, edit/cut videos to convert into simple clips, and/or add audio files into the videos.
Someone who is visually creative, visually driven.
-Schedule: Monday-Friday 3hrs/day flexible business hours EST.
-Hours: 15 hours/week to start, but growing into full-time in May. ONLY looking for VAs with full-time availability.
– Pay: $8-13/hr Part-time ($7-12/hr when it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying for this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.