Part-time Female Legal Virtual Assistant for Law Firm in LA
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA in the next 7 days through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a new Law firm made up of two lawyers. They’re looking for a VA to help answer the phone, take notes, and follow-up with leads. They’re based in Los Angeles, California. They have been practicing for about 14 years as lawyers, and there are currently no other team members.
The client is looking for a VA who is a people person and with great English skills. See more “Required Qualifications” below.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, October 20th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, October 22nd, 2020.
Tasks Required for the Job
1. Answering the Phone & Taking Messages
– Answer calls and ask for client’s information, finding out who they’d like to speak with, etc.
– Transfer the call to the correct person, if not available then take a message
– Answer inbound calls from potential clients and leads
– Make two types of outbound calls A) Call potential leads from a list, and B) Follow-up calls
– The VA may also need to send the client an SMS and email to follow-up, through an internal software
2. Client Communication, Support & Follow-ups
– Answer simple questions if a client calls and asks for an update about a case, court dates, etc.
– If the client asks a law-related question, take a message and/or forward the question to the right paralegal or attorney
– Follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court
– When clients need to make payments, the VA would need to make sure clients pay their bills
– Write monthly letters to clients with a general update on their case
– Take credit card payments over the phone
3. General Admin Tasks
– Help with filing mail that was received in paper and scanned. The mail has to be filed into the correct digital client folder. May involve using Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
– Help with email-related items.
– Help the law firm develop, create, and document the company’s SOPs (standard operating procedures)
– Write short articles about clients’ stories/cases or legal related topics
– Prepare office reports
– Keep the referrals and partners up-to-date to what happened to clients referred by them
– Improve and organize the documents library, which includes a variety of legal documents, questionnaires, templates, etc.
– Manage online documents, including editing/labeling documents correctly as needed, and/or changing document names
4. Gathering Clients Info & Obtaining Documents
– Gather information from customers over the phone and email
– Get all their basic info such as their name, family’s name, relatives’ names, etc.
– Gather info about their customer’s last 5 years of places they lived, and where they worked.
– Enter all the information into the proper case management system or CRM
5. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Help the law firm’s staff and/or CEO manage his calendar appropriately
– Schedule appointments with clients, and/or clients with other staff using the calendar, as necessary
– Save the appointments into Google Calendar, or any other calendar management system
6. Follow-up with Clients
– VA must constantly follow-up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court.
– VA must follow-up over the phone, text message, email, Whatsapp, or whatever is necessary to get the info they need from each client. This may include booking calls and/or appointments with clients, adding them to a calendar AND then again following up to make clients shows up
7. Review & Check Client Information
– Review all documents and info submitted by clients through the online form they initially complete
– Make sure that clients provide an electronic signature, in order to hire the law firm for their services
– Connect with the clients over the phone, email, and/or Zoom (video call) to review information
– Gather and review various documents, and organize them as needed for each client’s case
– Once the intake of each client’s story is done, write one-page summaries of the client’s case
– Translations for birth certificates and other documents
– Translations of various documents from Spanish to English
– Translations of client’s conversations or declarations into English
9. Client Management in CRM System
– Download documents from attachments and create new “case files/records/contact” into the CRM database
– Take notes and info from each client case and save it into the web-based system
– Upload documents as needed for each case. (Dropbox/Google Drive)
– Input potential clients/leads into the system
– Log the specific costs/purchases/charges used by each paralegal and reconcile on Excel lists
(New) Personality Test:
If you haven’t, take this 7-8 minutes test and add your personalized link to your proposal. You just need to take it once and use the same link for all future proposals: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
NOTE: Please send your unique personalized URL/link, after finishing the test click on “Send my results by email”
WRONG LINK TO SAVE: Generic personality link https://www.16personalities.com/estj-personality
CORRECT LINK TO SAVE (Sent by email): Your unique results link
-Great Oral English skills
– Ideally looking for a VA who has worked for a law firm. Including working as a legal assistant, lawyers, etc.
– The client DOES want to ideally hire lawyers, if possible but not required
– VERY IMPORTANT: looking for someone super positive, patient, and who can empathize with potential clients (looking for immigration help)
– Must be super nice, friendly, and enthusiastic, who truly wants to help people
– This VA will be the Face of the company, so they should have lots of energy, and an energetic personality
– Contagious positivity
– Must be able to take instructions, and learn from standard processes and training provided by the client
– Must be willing to learn quickly
– Ideally looking for someone who is responsible, responsive, and always able to communicate quickly.
– Must be tech-savvy, and able to quickly learn how to use software
-Schedule: The VA would have to be available between 4-6 pm but have the flexibility in case the client needs them at different hours eventually (Pacific time)
-Hours: 10 hours/week
– Pay: $6-8/hr Part-Time ($5-7/ht if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the tasks categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.