Part-time Female General & Basic Marketing VA for Non-profit Organization
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA in the next 7 days through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The organization is a non-profit Jewish community in San Diego, California. They help students from San Diego State University (SDSU) feel part of the community by hosting a variety of free events. The organization is run by the Rabbi and his wife, and they’re looking for help with various marketing and general admin tasks. The community is mostly made up of students aged 18-25, but there are also various other members that are not part of the University who also attend the organization’s event, including young adults, families, etc.
The client is looking for a proactive and very creative VA. See more “Required Qualifications” below.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, September 14th, at 10 AM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, September 15th, 2020.
Tasks required for the job
1. Contacts Management & Updating CRM
– Updating contacts in Google Contacts (CRM).
– Organize contacts with the right labels/tags/groups with Google contacts.
– Update Contact’s info – Getting missing emails or addresses verifying contact info is good etc. (Going to their social media to make there are contacts created, so the organization can message them from there).
– Asking the contacts for any missing info if needed, etc.
– Every day, the VA will need to send a list of all the contacts the VA updated that day, so that the client can later tag/label the contacts with the right details.
2. Basic Content Creation & Design
– Designing new graphics/flyers for events using Canva.com
– Creating and writing the content for the graphics/flyers for the various events happening at the organization.
– Setting up and designing NEW templates on Canva.com. The company has an existing Canva.com account.
– The VA will speak with one of the company’s members and tell them about the type of things that need to be done, the VA will take notes, and then take charge and be in charge of a) writing the content for any marketing materials, and b) Designing any graphics/flyers as needed.
– The VA will need to design about 4-6 graphics per month, depending on how many events are happening.
– Once any written content is ready, the VA will need to submit it for approval.
– The VA will need to create copywriting for social media, for email newsletters, for text messages with other internal staff, content for graphics/flyers.
– Help write some articles: Interviewing students or other members of the community, and then writing it into a nice article, etc.
3. Social Media Management
– The organization has Instagram & Facebook, so the VA will be in charge of doing social media management on a weekly basis as needed.
– Looking for a VA who is creative, so they can create engagement and activity with all the users of the platforms.
– The goal is to keep the community of the organization informed about all the different things that are happening, events, announcements, etc.
– The client is VERY busy and needs someone that is VERY organized, and can be in charge of a lot of the things that are happening.
4. Email Marketing Campaigns
– Creating, launching, and maintaining email marketing campaigns.
– The company uses an existing email marketing software (Chabad Communicator, Not a popular system).
– The system already has various templates the VA can use.
– The VA will also help in syncing the contacts from Google contacts into this email marketing system.
– The VA will need to put together a newsletter using an existing template. The VA will need to add/integrate images, graphics, and content/copy to customize each email newsletter.
– The organization sends about 20-30 email newsletters per year.
– The goal is to send more relevant emails to the community (clients) with updates about events, holidays, and other things.
5. General Admin Tasks
– Sending a donation letter via email from donations made. The client will send photos of checks with people’s info, and the VA will use the organization’s letterhead and customize the letter with a “Thank you” letter to thank people for their donations.
– Conducting online research, general and specific (training as needed will be provided).
– Manually looking for people/students who are joining SDSU University.
– Transcribing messages from audio messages into text, as well as other deliverables.
– Attending zoom meetings, and taking minutes (notes) of what happened in each meeting.
– Making lists (shopping list, communicating with Spanish speaking staff, etc).
(New) Personality Test:
If you haven’t, take this 7-8 minutes test and add your personalized link to your proposal. You just need to take it once and use the same link for all future proposals: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
NOTE: Please send your unique personalized URL/link, after finishing the test click on “Send my results by email”
WRONG LINK TO SAVE: Generic personality link https://www.16personalities.com/estj-personality
CORRECT LINK TO SAVE (Sent by email): Your unique results link
– Someone that has a lot of initiative, and is VERY proactive.
– The client is looking for someone who will be motivated to help, and NEVER just wait to be told what to do.
– Looking for a VA that’s creative, positive, dedicated, resourceful, adaptable, respectful, tech-savvy, and who can take initiative.
– Someone sweet, kind, nice, “bubbly” and full of POSITIVE energy.
– Looking for someone with good values, honest and ethical.
– Looking for someone that’s VERY dependable, organized, and resourceful.
– Want a VA to be a “giver” and not just a “taker”
– Ideally, a VA who is interested in community services, non-profits, and helping people.
-Schedule: Monday throughFriday, from 1 pm to 3 pm, Pacific Time
-Hours: 10 hours/week (Maybe up to 20/week as needed)
– Pay: $5-6/hr Part-Time (depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos)
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the tasks categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.