Part-time Experienced Project/Operations Management & Customer Support Manager for Marketing Agency
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Marketing Company located in Washington that works in conjunction with a marketing company in New Jersey. They are two separate companies, but they work together and share resources.
Both companies have a set of freelances that they work with and do NOT have any other admin team. The main team is made up of the owner of each of the 2 marketing agencies.
One of the companies offers both digital marketing, website design, maintenance as well as IT services. Their typical clients are small family-run businesses and other medium clients. This company has 7+ years of experience. The owner is quite busy all day and needs someone to help with project management.
The second company has 10+ years of marketing experience. They focus on web design, as well as a support model, where every website has a support plan. The goal is to build long-term relationships with the clients. They focus on home services companies, services companies, etc. They also offer SEO and other marketing services to complement their web services. They also offer a package of services, to provide a better customer experience.
Looking for an experienced project /operations manager, ideally experience managing web design and/or digital marketing campaigns/projects. The VA will be in charge of keeping everything organized for 2 separate marketing companies, as well as helping make processes more efficient, all support tickets are answered, and who’s always looking to learn, provide support/ideas.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to join an alliance of marketing companies with vast experience in their area
– Great opportunity for VAs who enjoy organization and efficient processes
– Chance to deepen your knowledge in marketing & overseeing different aspects of the company’s business model
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Wednesday, June 16th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Friday, June 18th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Project & Operations Management
– The company uses TeamWork project management (PM) for the software they use
– The 2 companies manage about 12 active projects combined on a weekly basis, that are still in development (such as web design projects)
– Between the 2 companies, they manage about 120+ clients, yet very few of them are active
– The VA will log into the PM software every day and every week, to ensure that all the active projects must be “on task” and the status is active, and the team of freelancers IS actively working on each task
– The VA will need to follow up with any designer/team members who may not be completing things on time
– The goal is to complete EACH project on time, even if it’s a small project.
– The VA must provide a 10,000-foot overall view of the overall status of all projects to report to the 2 company owners
– The VA will have daily short stand-up calls to update the owners about how each project is doing, its progress, and dates of completing
– The VA will be the main operations managers to assign any new tasks to each project, and to each team member who is responsible
– Whenever there are new tasks requested by clients, the VA will need to check with the team and update the team about doing so. Then report back to the customer
– Must keep up with customer-related inquires about how the projects are going
– Have the initiative to provide support, ideas of reviewing that EACH task description is well understood, so that each member can ensure they understand what they need to do
– Teamwork, the software, usually predicts how long the project will take to complete, so the VA should try to ensure that they keep their production/services calendar on-top so that the VA is able to tell the owner if they can or cannot take on new projects/clients, or not, and/or IF they must hire new freelancers to work on the new projects
– The 2 company owners are too busy to figure all the day-to-day operations/project management.
– The MAIN task is to keep things organized for the team, such as files, etc.
– Must keep up the systems, software to date with due dates, info, files needed, etc.
– MUST be a VA who is SUPER organized and very savvy. Ideally with experience in various web-based technologies, etc.
– MUST be open to new changes, problems, and doing things differently/better as everyone adapts to the fast-paced environment.
2. Customer Service & Support
– Phone calls not necessary, but emails are super helpful
– The companies use Teamwork Desk for the support tickets software, so the VA will be using that to reply to all customer tickets.
– Reach out to clients as necessary to get more info from them when needed
– Reply to emails
– Talk to anyone who needs help
– Report and add any support related issues into CRM System
– Talk to people who are mainly existing clients, as well as new potential ones
– Follow-up calls with leads, vendors, clients, etc.
– Leads management (filter and sort leads of potential new clients)
3. Organize Digital Files
– Most files are saved inside Teamwork Projects, but they’re looking into moving into a standalone cloud storage system.
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on products/services/categories
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date
– Organize and input files by product, service, or client
4. Other General Admin Tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Take notes during team/client meetings, organizing minutes
– Generate reports related to given/provided data
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
5. Follow-up with Clients
– Only focused on follow-ups with clients, NOT leads
– Create follow-up email templates
– Follow-up with customers to answer questions and set up demos
– Follow-up by email or text messages
– Follow up with clients an infinite number of times until they reply
6. Lead Generation & List Building
– Does NOT yet have a good process to generate leads, but may want the VA to help define and do this in the future (NOT a primary task right now)
– Research directories, websites, Yellowpages online to gather new leads
– Build an Excel/Google sheets list with basic contact info
– Sort list that can be turned into a CSV file to upload on any CRM or email software
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients and/or follow scripts.; Super empathetic, energetic, and understand the client’s need.; Ideally looking for someone super friendly, cool, and interesting.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Go-getter and/or entrepreneurial attitude.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Have the initiative to help the customer with lots of things.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.; Must be able to meet the regular business office hours but open to overtime.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Must have experience with document management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.; Knowledge of using WordPress, including basic copywriting.
Ideal Additional Requirement (NOT mandatory):
– Experience with creating SOPs, processes, and adjustment processes that are not working right.
– Having the ability to request more info and figure out that they need help or more info/details of any task, or internal process
-Schedule: Monday-Friday, 5 hours/day 8 am – 1 pm PST (Flexible if needed)
-Hours: 25 hours/week
– Pay: $9-15/hr Part-time ($8-14/hr if it becomes full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.