Part-time Executive Assistant & Project Manager for SAAS & Technology Company in Vancouver
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Innovation and R&D company in Vancouver, Canada that has been in business since 2013. The company assists organizations in addressing global challenges by designing future and building innovations that matter. The company has three main services: consulting, research & development, and digital innovation. They collaborate with partners in different industries: private equity, academia, and NGOs to move technology solutions up the Technology Readiness Level ladder and are more than willing to share the work and the rewards of such efforts. Currently, the COO of the company needs a great Executive Assistant with project management experience to help him coordinate between the clients and the team, as well as ease some of the repetitive tasks at hand.
– The VA will be in communication with the internal and external teams for projects as well as booking and scheduling.
– The VA will be in charge of project documentation in Asana.
– The VA will be in charge of taking notes and participating during meetings
Software the client currently uses:
– Google Drive
– Quickbooks Online
– Google Suite
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work closely with the COO of the company.
– Ideal for VAs who are interested in helping with innovation and research & development.
– Opportunity to further develop your project management and administrative skills.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, September 21st at 11:30 pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, September 23rd.
Tasks required for the job
1. Manage CRM & Data Entry
– Maintain all of the communications and client data up-to-date
– Help the company organize, clean, update, and maintain the client’s database
– The VA will be entering all necessary data provided through communications between partners, freelancers, and directors. The VA will serve part as project manager.
– The VA will keep track of the duration of each meeting.
– The VA will be adding all necessary notes taken from the meetings to Asana (Data Entry System).
2. Other General Admin Tasks
– Email sorting and organization
– Take notes during team/client meetings, organizing minutes
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
3. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Help the client/owner of the company to manage his/her email and calendar
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and handling email
– Set up automatic bookings online, and share booking links with clients as needed
4. Organize Digital Files
– The VA will manage multiple Google Drive as the company has 2 separate divisions.
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on products/services/categories
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date
– Organize and input files by product, service, or client
5. Follow-up with Leads & Potential Clients
– Create follow-up email templates
– Follow-up with potential customers to answer questions and set up demos
– Follow-up by email or text messages
– Follow up with leads/clients an infinite number of times until they reply
– Follow up with prospects/leads that did NOT show up to an appointment, so make sure they reschedule
6. Basic Bookkeeping
– Create quotes/invoices to send to the company’s leads & clients
– Send invoices/bills via email to each client
– Follow-up & receive payments
– Create & send receipts to clients who have completed payments
– Categorize expenses from bank accounts and/or credit cards
– Other basic bookkeeping tasks – Does not include professional bookkeeping or software expertise
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively <span style. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Great note-taking and notation skills (in writing by hand and/or on the computer).; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.
– Schedule: 4hr/day, Monday-Friday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm PST (the schedule will be flexible once the VA is hired)
– Hours: 21 hrs/week
– Pay: $7.50-12.50/hr Part-time ($7-12 if it becomes Full-Time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info: If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.