Part-time Administrative Assistant for Acupuncture Clinic in Chicago
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Healing and acupuncture clinic in Chicago that also offers alternative therapy. They offer other services as well. They have various types of clients, where about half of them have insurance and the other half pay in cash. They also sell physical products at their location.
The team is made up of the owner/acupuncture and another acupuncture. The company has been around for 10+ years. This is the first time they’ll hire an assistant, either in person or virtually.
In addition to handling many of the back-office tasks, basic patient billing/communication, and monitoring email, the client is interested in hiring a VA who can also serve as their Admin back up if she is away from the clinic.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work with a company with an extensive background in the field
– Great opportunity to work closely with the owner of the company
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, May 9th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, May 11th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. General Admin Support
– Follow-up with patients to verify their insurance services, to ensure they do have insurance they’ll use to pay for the services
– Follow-up to ensure people show up to the appointments
– Monitor the company’s main email account, to see if people cancel appointments, or if patients send their insurance info/verification via email
– Keeping track of email from other organizations (Chambers of commerce, and others)
– Help the owner with other executive admin tasks
– Help the owner with reminders and other general admin
– Order supplies for the company
– Organize office documents, prepare reports & prescriptions
– Maintain transcripts & patient records organized
– Keep G-Suite/Dropbox/OneDrive files organized and sorted, update spreadsheets as necessary
– Transfer lab results to the appropriate clinician
– Manage and build databases of leads, clients, or other relevant company data
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slides presentations
– Write Letters of Protection to get payment from an attorney when there is a case or lawsuit related to a patient’s personal injury
2. Health Insurance Claims, Billing & Coordination
– Taking the explanation of benefits (EOB), and insurance payments, and applying them to patients accounts in order to “Balance out” the patients’ payment balance/account
– The company uses a billing system called https://jane.app
– Training on how to use the app will be provided as needed
– Confirm insurance plans and information with patients and insurance company
– Help patients to fill out forms and complete any missing information
– Call insurance companies to inquire about patient’s coverage
– Follow-up on insurance claims by phone or email
3. Bookkeeping & Financial Management
– Keeping track of patient accounts
– Create reports, manage payroll & create invoices
– Process payments and support medical -practitioners with financial management
– Provide estimates of the medical service cost to attorneys (if relevant)
– Process and collect copayments for Medicaid and prescriptions
– Prepare invoices and track payments, manage expense reports, and assist in reservations
4. Healthcare Customer Service
– Communication with patients about payment
– The company uses Vonage.com for its VOIP phone system
– Handle direct customer inquiries and complaints
– Answer any questions that patients may have either by phone, email, or SMS
– Help patients, act with patience and a kind message when they are in distress
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
– Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively;
– Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.; Super empathetic, energetic, and understand the client’s need.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.; Must be able to meet the regular business office hours but open to overtime.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.
F) Industry Specific
Have self-motivation rather than experience.; Should be trustworthy and super professional.; Comfortable to handle private and sensitive information.
IDEAL, but not required:
– Someone with previous experience in the HealthCare industry or related.
– Familiar with Acupuncture and Alternative Healing methods. Ideally, the candidate will have had some experience receiving acupuncture, massage therapy, energy work, or similar kinds of therapy. It can help when speaking with new patients.
– Schedule: 2 Hours/day, Monday – Friday 10 am to 12 noon Central Time.
– Hours: 10 hours/week
– Pay: $6-8/hr Part-time ($5-7 if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.