Part-time Admin Assistant & Graphic Designer for Promotional Items Company
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a clothing and promotional items company located in Los Angeles, California, owned and operated by 2 talented brothers. The company does silk screen printing or embroidery on the type of fabric or clothing. The company also handles another line of promotional products such as keychains, mugs, magnets, and more, and also creates uniforms and clothing for organizations, and schools. They serve all sorts of clients and organizations such as sports clubs, schools, churches, businesses, or event coordinators.
Software the client currently uses:
– Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a family company that serves all sorts of clients and organizations.
– Become part of a great collaborative and supportive work environment.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, November 30th at 11:30 pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, December 2nd, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Customer Service & Support
– Work as an account manager, to keep the relationship with each client alive
– Follow up with people in regards to giving them updates about their projects
– Create follow-up email templates
– Act as the first point of contact and the liaison between the client and the rest of the agency’s team members
– Reply to emails
2. Calendar Management
– The VA will manage the calendar to match deadlines with the embroidery/ silk screen shop to assure the clients receives projects on time.
– The VA will manage deadlines for each project.
3. Other General Admin Tasks
– Create Slack channels for each client
– Email sorting and organization
– Help with new client onboarding
– Process and handle customer support orders and/or tickets
– Take notes during team/client meetings & time organization
– Update spreadsheets
– Update customer’s “Flash reports” including information about the projects.
4. Basic Social Media Management
– Help with Social Media content organization, scheduling & management
– Publish posts on different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc)
– Create simple graphics
– Create a social media calendar to post X times a week
5. Graphic Design
– Create simple graphics for social media.
– Create or edit simple graphics for email campaigns
– Create simple banners, gifs, or videos in Canva
– Ability to design in Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
– Adobe InDesign knowledge
– Create infographics
– Create graphics for explainer or institutional videos
– Create graphic designs for e-Learning and e-book content
– Design graphic Ads and content (image and video) to be posted on social media
– The VA will be creating the mockup of the project.
*In your proposal, please make sure to include a shareable link to a Google Drive folder, where you include some of your graphic creations.
6. Organize Digital Files
– Convert files into digital format in Excel sheets
– Help to digitize paperwork by using Google Sheets and Dropbox to share files
– Organize digital files and help to manage documents online
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, it’s just work.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.; Have a graphic design background. Able to create graphics, or use Canva/templates.
– Schedule: Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm PST
– Hours: 25 hours/week
– Pay: $7.5-12.5/hr Part-time ($7-12/hr if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info: If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news!
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.