Part-time Admin Assistant for Boutique Fitness Solutions Company
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a business solutions company that supports boutique fitness studios. They offer editorial content, resources, marketing tips, business strategy, human resources tips, etc. It’s all focused on the boutique fitness industry. In the past, they were an events and conferences company, but now they’re a fully digital company due to COVID19. Most of the customers are now interacting with the client fully web-based.
The client offers a membership program so that studio owners have access to the content that they offer, including round-table calls, community forums, and a web-based platform to access all the content. The company has been around since 2018 and is made up of 3 full-time people (Founder and co-founder) a part-time marketing team, an editor/writer, and an admin person.
The company is currently working with several VAs from Virtual Latinos.
A VA from VL was initially in this role but has now grown into a different position because of her great performance. The client is now looking for a new VA to perform this admin role.
Software the client uses:
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Great opportunity to work closely with a small and growing team
– Ideal for very proactive and organized VAs
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, September 19th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, September 21st, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Publishing Events Online
– The company has a WordPress website, using a template. There is already a section that was created for managing and publishing events
– The VA would need to open up the WordPress admin dashboard and click to create a new event and add the details, such as an event image, description, time/place, etc. It’s pretty simple to do, and plug-and-play
– The Company uses Vimeo for live videos and live feeds. So the VA would need to grab the embed code and add it to the event’s page.
– Ideally, the company does at least 2 events per week
– The company will provide the content/text for each event, but may need the VA to download a stock photo to be used for the event
2. Blog & Content Management & Publishing
– Similarly to publishing events online, the VA will also be in charge of managing the blog
– This includes posting new blog posts twice per week, and the VA will also be in charge of uploading the blog content and choosing an image from stock photography to be used as the illustration. The blog photo is just in the background, so no graphic design needed for it
– Client has a Canva account, so the VA will be given access to it.
– The VA will receive all necessary text for the Blog title and description, so NO SEO experience is required
– No experience is required in doing this, as it’s very easy and the client will provide training
3. Marketing New Events & Content Online
– The main platforms to promote the content is via social media and email, but the email component is already managed by their marketing team
– Social platforms the customer uses: Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
– The social media tasks for the VA are mostly to share the company’s content or live events, but may also be asked to help with posting other types of content such as quotes, other content, etc.
– The company will provide all resources that need to be shared, including text, graphics, etc. But help and ideas would be welcome from the VA
– The marketing team, not the VA, will be in charge of boosting/promoting the post with paid advertising
4. Keeping the Team & Company Organized
– The company is small and wants to make sure they document EVERYTHING and keep everything updated
– Needs the VA to keep the team accountable, to make sure things are completed as promised and that everyone on the team does do/complete what they’re assigned to do
– The company uses Monday.com as their main project management tool
– Cleaning and organizing digital files
– Updating items on the website, events calendar, etc.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– Someone with LOTS of initiative, who is NEVER just waiting around to tell them what to do.
– Looking for someone who is able to provide input, ideas, and proactive support to help the company improve its services/offerings, including all their digital presence.
– Ideally, the VA should be someone that’s highly organized and accountable for their work.
– Communication is a KEY skill that they’re looking for, as they’re a small team and need a VA that has excellent communication skills to keep the team ALL on the same page, and can be easily reached out to, and communicated with.
– Most of the communication will be internally within the team (Backend), but not client-facing (no customer service).
– As long as someone is adaptable, professional, and friendly they’ll be a good fit with this team.
– Schedule: Monday – Friday: to be defined within 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST
– Hours: 21 hours/week
– Pay: $5.5-7.5/hr Part-time ($5-7/hr if it becomes Full-time). Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.