Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client has been a property manager for 2 years now, he is based in San Antonio, Texas. Most of his tenants speak Spanish so that’s why he has been interested in hiring someone bilingual who can help him with his clients. They do marketing, and they are the full-service property management, they do marketing showing and listings. Currently, they have 74 properties that they manage and are quite busy. The client is looking to train as much as needed.
The client has a corporation that does their bookkeeping and accounting, yet he is looking for a VA to take over the accounting part as they would prefer to have someone on their team do it. The VA will do invoices, send bills to their clients, and help with some data entry they have left behind.
They have a specific software they use called “Propertyware”. The client is willing to train the VA and has videos of the corporate that manages his accounting currently, which the VA will be able to use to learn. When the client receives invoices, the VA will be responsible for processing the payments. The client will forward the VA some invoices from a vendor so they can be responsible for processing these payments for the vendors. The client also keeps separate invoices that they charge the owners or the tenants so that the VA will keep up with the bookkeeping of these transactions. The VA will be making sure everything regarding billing/invoices matches at the end of the month.
Software the client uses:
– Propertyware (CRM & Bookkeeping)
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work closely with the owner of the company and be trained in their processes and tools
– Ideal for VAs with a background in bookkeeping
– Great opportunity for VAs looking to keep learning and improving their invoicing skills
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, October 4th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, October 6th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Basic Bookkeeping
– Send invoices/bills via email to each client
– Follow-up & receive payments
– Create & send receipts to clients who have completed payments
– Categorize expenses from bank accounts and/or credit cards
– Other basic bookkeeping tasks – Does not include professional bookkeeping or software expertise
2. Notify Owners & Tenants of Renewals
– Notify renewals by email
– Notify the owners/tenants within 30 or 60 days before contracts expire and send a reminder to follow up to renew the lease.
– Send documents to be signed digitally by the tenant
– Follow up as necessary with tenants to ensure they sign the new renewals online
3. Delinquencies Follow-up
– When rent is due, and if tenants haven’t paid, the company gives the tenant info on the next steps
– Call the tenant to remind them that their payment is due and there are late fees
– If they don’t end up paying, the company starts a legal process, to evict them
4. Processing Invoices & Cash Applications
– Accounting: Reconcile 3 account every month
– Help with processing invoices for clients
– Checks would get scanned into the client’s system, (property management software)
– Apply checks paid to customer’s accounts in the software
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor.; Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, it’s just work.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Google Sheets’s experience and understanding.
F) Industry Specific
Someone with previous experience in the Property Management industry or related and a background in bookkeeping.
– Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 2.5 hours each day from 9:00 am to 11:30 am Central Time Zone.
– Hours: 10 hours/week