Full-time Virtual Assistant for Small Law Firm in Florida
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Solo Law firm with almost 10 years of experience that offers immigration, criminal defense, and personal injury. Sometimes, the lawyer also takes others cases, such as business and real estate cases. Yet, most of her work comes from immigration cases. The team is made of the lawyer/owner, a paralegal, and an assistant. They also work with other contractors that handle additional cases, work, etc.
The law firm is growing and needs more help with taking calls, scheduling, and other tasks. For this reason, they’re looking to hire a VA to join their team. The reason they want to hire a VA is to help do paralegal work, as the current paralegal is having medical issues and will not be able to continue working for the long term.
Software the client currently uses:
– Clio and DocketWise
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Ideal job for VAs who are people-oriented with great communication skills
– Great opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the client and join a close team
– Opportunity to contribute to the growth of the firm
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Thursday, April 8th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Monday, April 12th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Fill Out Forms & Questionnaires
– Create cover letters, and attach all documents to a case/file
– Fill out multiple forms and put them together in a folder
– Prepare the PDF forms pre-filled with the client’s information, after gathering the info and facts.
– Attach and create the exhibits for each client, ensuring that all items are there
– Send forms and exhibits to the lawyer for a final review
2. Gathering Clients Info & Obtaining Documents
– The law firm has a checklist, so the VA will need to gather all the documents from the list
– The VA can use the CRM to enter a lot of the information
– All the info of each client will be entered into the Case management system (Clio), so the VA will not need to add clients’ info into the CRM/CMS
– Gather information from customers over the phone and email
– Get all their basic info such as their name, family’s name, relatives’ names, etc.
– Gather info about their customer’s last 5 years of places they lived, and where they worked.
– Enter all the information into the proper case management system or CRM
3. Client Communication, Support & Follow-ups
– Answer simple questions if a client calls and asks for an update about a case, court dates, etc.
– If the client asks a law-related question, take a message and/or forward the question to the right paralegal or attorney
– Follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court
– When clients need to make payments, the VA would need to make sure clients pay their bills
– Write monthly letters to clients with a general update on their case
– Take credit card payments over the phone
4. Answering the Phone & Taking Messages
– Answer calls and ask for client’s information, finding out who they’d like to speak with, etc.
– Transfer the call to the correct person, if not available then take a message
– Answer inbound calls from potential clients and leads
– Make two types of outbound calls A) Call potential leads from a list, and B) Follow-up calls
– The VA may also need to send the client an SMS and email to follow-up, through an internal software
5. General Admin Tasks
– Client uses OneDrive for managing and saving files
– Clients use Calendly for setting up appointments.
– Help with filing mail that was received in paper and scanned. The mail has to be filed into the correct digital client folder. May involve using Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
– Help with email-related items.
– Help the law firm develop, create, and document the company’s SOPs (standard operating procedures)
– Write short articles about clients’ stories/cases or legal related topics
– Prepare office reports
– Keep the referrals and partners up-to-date on what happened to clients referred by them
– Improve and organize the documents library, which includes a variety of legal documents, questionnaires, templates, etc.
– Manage online documents, including editing/labeling documents correctly as needed, and/or changing document names
6. Review & Check Client Information
– Review all documents and info submitted by clients through the online form they initially complete
– Make sure that clients provide an electronic signature, in order to hire the law firm for their services
– Connect with the clients over the phone, email, and/or Zoom (video call) to review information
– Gather and review various documents, and organize them as needed for each client’s case
– Once the intake of each client’s story is done, write one-page summaries of the client’s case
– Translations for birth certificates and other documents
– Translations of various documents from Spanish to English
– Translations of client’s conversations or declarations into English
8. Basic Marketing Tasks
– Posting on social media
– Gather client testimonials
– Other basic marketing tasks
– Simple video editing (cropping, merging, etc)
– Develop basic Email newsletter campaigns to target the law firms’ leads and contacts
– Gather client testimonials and reviews, in order to get better rankings online
– Post on social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc)
– Other simple, basic marketing/email marketing tasks
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
– Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Must be ok with speaking on the phone for long periods and be pleasant on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.;
Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.;
Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.;
Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Have a graphic design background. Able to create graphics, or use Canva/templates.; Video editing background, edit/cut videos to convert into simple clips, and/or add audio files into the videos.
F) General Law
Someone with previous experience in Law Firms or related.
Have self-motivation rather than specific legal background/experience.
Willing to represent the company, his/her approach should be friendly and supportive.
Comfortable with talking to clients and listening to their stories.
Must have “thick skin” and be OK with talking about hard subject matters.
-Schedule: Monday-Friday, 10 am -4. If a lunch hour is needed 10-5 pm. Eastern time.
-Hours: 31 hours/week
– Pay: $5-7/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.