Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Immigration Attorney from Lutherville, Maryland who has been in the practice for over 5 years. The attorney is well-versed in family-based immigration, all forms of nonimmigrant visas, consular processing, and cancelation of removal. The attorney frequently represents clients before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services seeking adjustment of status and naturalization, the Executive Office for Immigration Review, including immigration courts nationwide, and the Board of Immigration Appeals. The Attorney has been working most of her career at a non-profit organization that helps immigrants. In recent years, she decided to open her own firm and help as many immigrants as possible by taking some of the toughest immigration removal cases. The attorney currently handles over 150 clients who are mainly from Central and South America. She is working solo and now is the right time to build/grow a team where she initially needs someone to be her legal assistant.
The VA will be the main point of contact for the clients and keep them up-to-date with their information. The VA will be helping complete submissions and forms. They will be helping to send invoices electronically to the clients. The VA will be managing the calendar and appointments. The VA will be setting the Zoom meetings as necessary and also sending out the necessary information regarding the in-person meetings that will take place.
– 1 Answering Service
– 1 Contract Attorney (project-based)
Software the client currently uses:
– Square for payments and appointments
– Ringcentral for VoIP
– Whatsapp for messaging
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a law firm with great experience in their field.
– Ideal job for a VA with great organization and customer service skills.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, January 11th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, January 13th, 2022.
Tasks required for the job
1. Fill Out Forms & Questionnaires
– Fill out multiple forms and put them together in a folder
– Prepare the PDF forms pre-filled with the client’s information, after gathering the info and facts.
– Attach and create the exhibits for each client, ensuring that all items are there
– Send forms and exhibits to the lawyer for a final review
– After the final review of the attorney, the VA will be sending the confirmation to the client for electronic signature.
2. Gathering Clients Info & Obtaining Documents
– Gather information from customers over the phone and email
– Get all their basic info such as their name, family’s name, relatives’ names, etc.
– Gather info about their customer’s last 5 years of places they lived, and where they worked.
– Enter all the information into the proper case management system or CRM
3. Client Communication, Support & Follow-ups
– Answer simple questions if a client calls and asks for an update about a case, court dates, etc.
– If the client asks a law-related question, take a message and/or forward the question to the right paralegal or attorney
– Follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court
– When clients need to make payments, the VA would need to make sure clients pay their bills
– Write monthly letters to clients with a general update on their case
– Take credit card payments over the phone
4. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Help the law firm’s staff and/or CEO manage his calendar appropriately
– Schedule appointments with clients, and/or clients with other staff using the calendar, as necessary
– Save the appointments into Google Calendar, or any other calendar management system
– The VA will be sending a message through the appointments app.
5. Client Management in CRM System
– Download documents from attachments and create new “case files/records/contact” into the CRM database
– Take notes and info from each client case and save it into the web-based system
– Upload documents as needed for each case. (Dropbox/Google Drive)
– Input potential clients/leads into the system
– Log the specific costs/purchases/charges used by each paralegal and reconcile them on Excel lists
– The VA will be helping clients with the backing up with
Secondary Tasks (MUST be included in your proposal)
6. Answering the Phone & Taking Messages
– Answer calls and ask for clients’ information, find out whom they’d like to speak with, etc.
– Transfer the call to the correct person, if not available then take a message
– Answer inbound calls from potential clients and leads
– Make two types of outbound calls A) Call potential leads from a list, and B) Follow-up calls
– The VA may also need to send the client an SMS and email to follow-up, through an internal software
7. Gather Customer Testimonies & Stories (Affidavit)
– Talk with customers over the phone and ask them to get their “declaration”
– Type the information while being on the phone taking the declaration from the customer
– Understand each customer’s specific situations, stories, and challenges
– Translations for birth certificates and other documents
– Translations of various documents from Spanish to English
– Translations of client’s conversations or declarations into English
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.; Ideally looking for someone super friendly, cool, and interesting.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.; Should have experience using a CRM like Salesforce or other.
F) Industry Specific – General Law
Willing to represent the company, his/her approach should be friendly and supportive.; Comfortable with talking to clients and listening to their stories.; Empathetic, and zero-judgmental.; Must have “thick skin” and be OK with talking about hard subject matters.
– Someone who is coachable and open to learning new things.
– Someone with great communication skills
– Someone who is organized.
– Schedule: Monday – Friday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
– Hours: 21 hours/week with a commitment to moving to full-time within 4 – 5 weeks