Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client owns a digital marketing agency in Houston. The team has a social media manager that manages various tasks, including web/graphic design, she’s now a project manager for web and design projects. She’s now busier and busier doing onboarding and training for their clients. The client is currently working with 1 VA from VL.
The VA they’re looking for will be her assistant, who’ll help with content management, social media, and more tasks. See more “Ideal Requirements” below.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work with a growing agency learning about their processes
– Great opportunity for VAs with marketing knowledge
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, November 9th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, November 11th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1 . Content Creation & Copywriting
– For social media posts
– Proofreading, with excellent English grammar/spelling
– Write product/service descriptions of things that the agency’s clients sell/offer
– Create basic content for social media posts.
– Create short blog posts (under 500 words) – Does not include professional copywriting
– Create basic content for web pages or landing pages
– Help with the creation of FAQs and help desk content
2. Basic Social Media Management
– Different platforms for different clients
– They usually use HubSpot to schedule all the social media posts, but may also use Buffer or Hootsuite.
– Help with Social Media content organization, scheduling & management
– Publish posts on different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
– Basic content writing and also create simple graphics
– Create a social media calendar to post X times a week
– Monitor & respond to messages/inbox on any social media channel
3. Basic Content & Blog Management
– Review content for SEO
– Ask clients to review final content prior to publishing
– Once approved, the VA will send the final content to the web design team to update on the blog/website
– Blog management, blog calendar, and creation of ideas/titles.
– Help the client organize everything related to content creation, titles, dates, etc.
– Help with blog transcribing NOT actually writing the posts
4. Basic Graphic Design
– Create basic graphics on Canva for the blog posts
– The client already has templates he/she’ll use for the design.
– Create simple graphics for social media.
– Create or edit simple graphics for email campaigns
– Create simple banners, gifs, or videos in Canva
– Other basic graphic designs, this only includes simple web-based design not professional design in Photoshop or Illustrator
*In your proposal, please make sure to include a shareable to a Google Drive folder, where you include some of your graphic creations.
5. General Admin Tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Take notes during team/client meetings, organizing minutes
– Generate reports related to given/provided data
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
6. Basic Email Marketing
– The client uses HubSpot, Mailchimp, and/or ConstantContact, depending on their client
– Create email newsletter campaigns (once per month or so)
– Design simple email templates for newsletters
– Share content by email that includes customer success stories, industry trends/news, product updates, etc.
– Create an email marketing calendar for monthly campaigns
– Manage MailChimp lists and campaigns or any other email marketing platform
– Basic setup of the email marketing automation funnel
7. Basic Marketing Research
– Help generate/create new topics for creating blog posts titles/ideas
– This is based on each agency’s client’s specific industries and businesses
– Research for white papers, blogs, etc.
– Researching what other companies are doing to learn from them
– Research new content ideas, trends in order to use them to create the client’s own blog posts
– Research for events where the client can attend or host
8. General Research
– Online competitors research
– Search for supplier/vendors information to contact
– Online research for events for the client to attend or participate
– Help with flight/travel research & online booking
9. Social Media Video Management
– Once a week, the CEO does a Facebook Live and uploads video to Dropbox
– VA will upload the video to OneStream and schedule to stream on Facebook: Agency Page, CEO’s profile, Instagram: Agency Profile, CEO’s Profile
– Manually upload/post video to Instagram (IGTV) and LinkedIn (After the live video is completed)
– Request blog from Contently using a script
– Request/Review Captions of Video from a script
– Request YouTube video edit from Fiverr or Upwork
– Review FINAL edited video to make sure it’s PERFECT, before sending the video to the client.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for the following:
– Someone who is hungry to learn and has a great attitude. Quick learner, being able to take directions, and be innovative, willing to learn new things
– A MUST = Self-starter and proactive, not afraid to ask questions, and can be resourceful to find things on their own, but also know when to ask for help when needed.
– Computer savvy, and able to learn systems and software pretty quickly
– Honesty & integrity, always willing to do the right thing
– Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients
– Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
– Committed to achieving timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations
– Self-starter and proactive, not afraid to ask questions, and can be resourceful to find things on their own, but also know when to ask for help when needed
– Personable, easy to talk with, and charming
– Being able to manage stressful situations and fast-paced work without affecting them on a personal level
– Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6 hours/day. Monday 11 am to 6 pm with a 1hr break, Tuesday to Thursday from 10 am to 6 pm with a 1 hr break, Fridays 9 am to 12 noon. Central Time
– Hours: 31 hours to start, then 40 hours if qualified within a few weeks/months.