Full-time Social Media Manager & Strategist for Floral Arrangements Company
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
E-commerce company that is specialized in flower delivery and has been in business for over 6 years in Los Angeles, California. The company has a very unique product concept; they sell everlasting rose arrangements that can be delivered nationwide. As the concept kept growing, competitors and copycats appeared as well. The CEO is a brilliant mind who likes to think ahead, therefore, the company recently opened a physical location in Los Angeles as well. The company has plans to have nationwide physical locations in the future, in addition to its strong online presence. The company also offers weekly or monthly subscription deals. The main source of clients are individuals that are seeking to send a gift to their loved ones for special occasions or any other reason to show affection. The CEO believes that marketing is the key to win over the competitors and make the company bigger. This is why the company is seeking a professional that is talented and has great expertise in Social Media Management and Strategies.
The primary function of the VA will be managing Social Media. The VA will be managing all the posts on the social media platforms. The VA will be also helping with captions that are needed for the posts. The Role consists of 80% Social Media Management, 15% Social Media Outreach, 5% Customer Support via Live Chat. The VA will be not just simply managing social media but also needs to be constantly researching trends to implement a strategy to grow their outreach.
Software the client currently uses:
– Google Suite
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work with a company that is constantly expanding.
– Ideal job for VAs with great experience with social media management
– Opportunity to work in marketing research to improve business outreach.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, October 19th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, October 21st, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Social Media Management
– Create a social media calendar to post X times a week
– Create monthly reports for social media activity and engagement and provide insights and recommendations on how to improve things
– Help with social media content organization, scheduling & management
– Manage Facebook, Instagram, Google, My Business, and Craigslist client accounts
– Monitor organic posting and curate 3rd party content
– Monitor & respond to messages/inbox on any social media channel
– Perform social media outreach on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. to get new leads
– Publish posts on different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin, etc.)
– Review social media metrics, like Facebook Insights
– Later.com to schedule social media posts
– The VA will be in charge of creating implementing strategies for growing the popularity
2. Marketing Research
– Research for events where the client can attend or host
– Research on Google to find new prospects and build lists of leads with email addresses, etc.
– Research what other companies are doing to learn from them
– Perform general market research
– Research and Sign up for affiliate programs
3. Social Media Outreach
– Create reports that show the results of VA social media outreach work periodically
– Find ideal contacts/leads/clients and reach out to them via DM (Direct Message)
– Follow the scripts provided but must also take the initiative to know how to answer
– Have written conversations as naturally as possible, and focusing on trying to help keep track of who they’re in touch with and qualify leads into the client’s CRM system
– Report how many leads they were in touch with during that week/month/etc., as well as the result of the responses for each client
– Research focusing on the client’s buyer persona (ideal client for the company) through hashtags or other accounts
– Send and receive DM messages from/to leads through the client’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, etc).
– The VA should have a good idea of the best social media outreach ideas or strategies to implement.
4. Other General Admin Tasks
– Process and handle customer support orders and/or tickets (This is just to help clients with questions that they may receive via their live chat.)
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
Looking for someone with a strong background in organic social media marketing overall
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary. Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor.; Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, it just works.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.; Must be able to meet the regular business office hours but open to overtime.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Google Sheets’s experience and understanding.
F) Industry Specific – Social Media
Should be interested in being part of today’s online media and marketing world.; Experience in social media or as a community manager/FB group moderator, etc.; Online marketing experience (email marketing, ads, etc).
– Schedule: Monday through Friday 9 AM to 6 PM PT
– Hours: 40 hours/week
– Pay: $8-13/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news!
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.