Full-time Sales Assistant for Consumer Retail & Wholesale Company
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The company is a wholesale apparel distributor based in Ventura, Southern California. They distribute Scandinavian brands based in Denmark. They have the entire US territory for themselves to distribute these brands and they currently work for five women brand labels. They have been around for ten years now. These last three years, they have focused on getting the physical products and the entire customer experience to the front end. They have four people in their team, and the VA will be working with the sales director and his partner. They are planning to open up another office in Los Angeles, California.
The VA will assist the sales director and his partner in the sales department by finding new leads. The leads can come from all around the USA. The VA will sometimes focus on one US state at a time, possibly Mexico, to get the top apparel boutiques to sell their clothing. The VA will make a spreadsheet where they will store the contact info of the leads they are researching and qualifying. The VA will follow up with them by sending email templates and calling maybe if the leads are nonresponsive.
Software the client currently uses:
Shared Google Docs
– Google Sheets
– Google Slides
– Yesware.com for sending emails
– flodesk.com for email marketing
– wix.com for website updates
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a small team & contribute to the growth of the company.
– Ideal opportunity for a VA that wants to further develop their sales and administrative skills.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, October 12th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, October 14th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Pre-screen new potential clients, and make sure they’re the right fit to be clients
– Help the client/owner of the company to manage his/her email and calendar
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and handling email
– Set up automatic bookings online, and share booking links with clients as needed
– Send reminders and confirmation emails to the customers
2. Warm Calling Existing Lead
– Call over the phone to existing leads the company already has
– Speak with each lead, take notes and then add them to the CRM
3. Follow-up with Leads & Potential Clients
– Create follow-up email templates
– Follow-up with potential customers to answer questions and set up demos
– Follow-up by email or text messages
– Follow up with leads/clients an infinite number of times until they reply
– Follow up with prospects/leads that did NOT show up to an appointment, so make sure they reschedule
4. Lead Generation & List Building
– Research directories, websites, Yellowpages online to gather new leads
– Build an Excel/Google sheets list with basic contact info
– Sort list that can be turned into a CSV file to upload on any CRM or email software
5. Basic Email Marketing
– Design simple email templates for newsletters
– Share content by email that includes customer success stories, industry trends/news, product updates, etc.
– Create an email marketing calendar for monthly campaigns
– Manage MailChimp lists and campaigns or any other email marketing platform
– Basic setup of the email marketing automation funnel
Secondary Tasks (Must also be included in your Proposal)
6. Basic Marketing Research
– Research for white papers, blogs, etc.
– Researching what other companies are doing to learn from them
– Research new content ideas, trends in order to use them to create the client’s own blog posts
7. Basic Website Maintenance
– Login to the website’s backend in order to update it
– Add reviews, properties. Products or other content to the website
– Basic update text, images to the website
– May include updating content on WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, etc.
– May require the client to provide some training, or training resources for VA to self-learn
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Go-getter and/or entrepreneurial attitude.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.
C) People & Relationship
Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Great note-taking and notation skills (in writing by hand and/or on the computer).; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Google Sheets’s experience and understanding.
-Schedule: Monday-Friday from 8:00 am- 3:00 pm PST with 1-hour break
-Hours: 32 hours/week
– Pay: $7-12/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news!
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.