Full-time Personal Admin Assistant for Medical Company’s CEO
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is the CEO of a big medical company in Texas, they have been in business for 15 years and they do hospital services; he is located in Dallas. They offer expert services to their patients across the Portland/Vancouver area and into the Willamette Valley, from wellness to urgent care to advanced surgery. They work with their patients to make sure they understand their care and that they have a voice in improving it. They could see around 200 patients a day.
The client mentioned there are 1,500 people with a mixture of in-house people/staff and external contractors.
The VA will essentially be the client’s personal assistant and will be in charge of making sure to keep up with the client’s personal and working calendar. The client engages in several meetings and he would like for the VA to attend these meetings, take note of everything, and follow up with the specific people and also follow up in the next meetings bringing up the topics to discuss. The VA will manage basic accounting-related tasks, there is no need for the VA to be an accountant, but to have general knowledge on financial matters. The VA will be responsible for the client’s personal matters such as keeping his credit card paid, check his household’s subscriptions are covered. The VA will also be responsible for helping the client with bookings for travel through Expedia. VA will be responsible to keep a tag on the receipts and submit it to the accounting team. Va will perform personal tasks such as ordering flowers for family or clients, keep up with family’s birthdays and appointments. The client is looking for someone professional and cheerful that can be responsible.
Software the client currently uses:
– Google calendar, outlook email, Excel spreadsheets, Quickbooks, phone system they use is phone 8×8.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work alongside the company owner
– Learn about the industry & support the client with keeping everything on track
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, July 20th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, July 22nd, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Help the client/owner of the company to manage his email and calendar
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and handling email
– Set up automatic bookings online, and share booking links with clients as needed
2. Basic Bookkeeping
– Send invoices/bills for personal matters
– Follow-up & receive payments
– Create & send receipts
– Categorize expenses from bank accounts and/or credit cards
– Other basic bookkeeping tasks – Does not include professional bookkeeping or software expertise
3. Other General Admin Tasks
– The VA will take notes of meetings the client attends and provide a summary and follow up as necessary with the correct people and also the client.
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
4. Health Insurance Claims, Billing & Coordination
– Confirm insurance plans and information with his family and insurance company.
– Insurance and medical appointments for his family.
– Help the family to fill out forms and complete any missing information
5. Organize Digital Files
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on products/services/categories
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
Someone who speaks very good English, the client understands won’t be native speakers but is important for him for them to speak good English.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Go-getter and/or entrepreneurial attitude.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Interested in knowing about what’s going on with each team member’s personal/work-life balance.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Great note-taking and notation skills (in writing by hand and/or on the computer).; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.
F) Industry Specific – Healthcare
Someone with previous experience in the HealthCare industry or related.; Have self-motivation rather than experience.; Must be able to take care of highly confidential and sensitive information.; Should be trustworthy and super professional.; Comfortable handling private and sensitive information.
– Schedule: Monday – Friday 6:30 am to 2:30 pm central time for the first 2-3 months and then will switch to 8:30 am – 4:30 pm central time
– Hours: 40 hours/week
– Pay: $7-12/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.