Full-time Medical Records Assistant for Chronic Pain Clinic
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a pain management clinic in Los Angeles, CA that has been around for about 6 years. The team is made up of 11 people in their office, plus one VA in India. The VA that the company is looking for will be managed by the medical assistants, once they complete their training. The company offers a more premium service because they have the best doctors, and VERY personalized care and solutions. They’re helping clients with the best possible treatments.
The company has custom online software for an online questionnaire that they ask their clients and/or the VA to fill out in order to gather most of the medical info about each patient.
Ideally, the VA they’d like to have would have some medical/healthcare background, but it’s NOT required at all. Yet, the ideal VA could include nurses, people going to medical school, etc.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Learn and receive training from medical assistants
– Opportunity to work for a clinic that provides premium service and personalized care
– Ideal job for VAs who want to work in the medical or healthcare area
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, September 27th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, September 29th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Obtain and Process Medical Records
– Obtain medical records for new and established patients
– Work from the list provided by our other team members
– Requires good problem-solving skills to track down records from hard-to-reach offices
– Requires good phone skills
– Requires good teamwork—lots of coordination with other members of our team
– Primarily an English language position (some communication with Spanish-speaking patients as needed)
2. Upload records into their Medical Records system
– Label records accurately and consistently (medical specialty, physician name, and date of service)
– Send our medical records/reports out to other offices
– Training will be provided but experience in health care would be ideal
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– Prior healthcare experience is valued but not required. Experience working in an EMR/EHR (Electronic Medical Records system) would be a plus.
– Must be flexible and ready to work collaboratively as a team–will sometimes need to re-prioritize tasks when urgent matters arise.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.
C) Work Load & Stress Management
Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
Someone with previous experience in the HealthCare industry or related.
-Schedule: 8 hours per day, M-F. Can discuss exact hours, flexible within business hours, PST.
-Hours: 40 hours/week.
– Pay: $7-10/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.