Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client has been a family practitioner doctor for 20 years and has had her business in Florence, Kentucky, for five years. She owns a direct primary practice; it’s a membership model, similar to the concierge in that people do pay a monthly membership to be part of the practice, yet she does not bill insurance in addition. She has patients from all different backgrounds, people who don’t have any insurance, and this is their way of accessing health care. And also, people who have great insurance but have issues accessing health care because they don’t want to be waiting around for a visit all day. She has a handful of patients who speak Spanish, so a bilingual VA is important for her, even though Spanish is her second language. She currently can work with patients virtually, yet she is fully transitioning to visit them in person.
The client is looking for someone who has their best interest in working with the practitioner and her patients. She has worked with someone virtually before, so she knows how it works, yet the client is looking to work with someone long-term as she is invested in training the VA in everything needed. The VA will need to answer the phone and make appointments. The client’s primary care patients don’t normally call the office. Still, for the immigration physicals, they ask about the practice, how much it costs, and how it works so, the VA will be giving the information, and occasionally the calls are in Spanish but mainly in English.
Software the client currently uses:
– Cerbo or MDHQ — EMR: for scheduling patients, where lab results come in.
– Spruce: Texting/phone system.
– HINT: Billing system, for enrolling new patients.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work along with a family practitioner doctor with an extensive background in the field.
– Ideal for a VA with a genuine interest in helping the practitioner and her patients.
– Great opportunity to receive training on all the necessary tasks, and work long-term with the client.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, November 16th at 11:30 pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, November 18th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Patient appointment setting.
– Confirm and schedule patient appointments over the phone, email, or text as necessary
– Book appointments into EMR (Electronic Medical Records) systems
– Make calls and follow-up calls as needed using VoIP phone system
2. Gathering Clients Info & Obtaining Documents
– Gather patient’s information over the phone & email
– Update patient files and confirm patient information including contact information, pre-existing medical conditions, allergies, prior treatments, etc.
– Complete all the digital paperwork and patient information in web-based medical systems or pre-fill PDFs or online forms to help patients complete their paperwork faster
3. Healthcare Customer Service
– Handle direct customer inquiries and complaints
– Answer any questions that patients may have either by phone, email or SMS
– Help patients, act with patience and a kind message when they are in distress
4. Data Entry & CRM / EMR Management
– Manage CRM system CERBO- and EMR system
– Verify if the patient has filed the medical history form prior to the meeting with the practitioner.
– Set up telehealth accounts for each individual patient, including older patients that are not tech-savvy
– Transcribe, format, and input data to support patient monitoring
– Take notes and provide a summary of each client’s case
5. General Admin Support
– Organize office documents, prepare reports & prescriptions
– Maintain transcripts & patient records organized
– Keep G-Suite files organized and sorted, update spreadsheets as necessary
– Transfer lab results to the appropriate clinician
– Manage and build databases of leads, clients, or other relevant company data
– Make sure the lab results dates are correct in the filing systems. Information of then the patient had blood drawn and when was test given back.
6. Patient Onboarding & Follow-ups
– Welcome patients by greeting them over the telephone
– Call to check up on patients that are running late to their appointments
– Support Patients Onboarding by creating and submitting patient visits
– Schedule and allocate patients to the client.
– Build rapport with clients and become a trusted main point of contact
– Call to confirm appointments of the day and register canceled appointments
– Check which patients are missing to get lab tests.
Secondary Tasks (Must be included in your proposal):
7. Patient Care & Telemedicine
– Act as a virtual nursing assistant by phone or video call
– Interview patients for case histories and key information prior to appointments
– Follow-up with patients on referrals in place and lab orders that were placed.
– Behave in a manner consistent with all company compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures
– Maintain patient confidence by keeping patient-doctor information confidential
8. Basic Social Media Management
– Help with Social Media content organization, scheduling & management
– Publish posts on different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc)
– Basic content writing and also create simple graphics
– Create a social media calendar to post X times a week
– Monitor & respond to messages/inbox on any social media channel
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.
C) People & Relationship
Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Have a graphic design background. Able to create graphics, or use Canva/templates.
F) Industry Specific: Healthcare
Ideally someone with previous experience in the HealthCare industry or related.; Must be able to take care of highly confidential and sensitive information.; Comfortable handling private and sensitive information.
– Schedule: Monday -Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST. Lunch Break from 12:00 -1:00 pm
– Hours: 40 hours/week