Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client owns a personal injury law firm in Austin, Texas, the law firm takes care of individuals to get assistance on an injury claim (accident usually), such as a motor vehicle accident, work accident/injury, etc. looking for an attorney/lawyer to help them.
The client is currently working with a team of VAs inside of Virtual Latinos and is now looking for Legal Assistants to help with some customer service and administration tasks.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Great opportunity to work for a law firm with a great team
– Opportunity to work with a client that has VAs from our community
– Opportunity to further develop your organization skills; ideal for a VA that is detail-oriented
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, November 2nd, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, November 4th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Relationship Management
– Manage approximately 50-60 cases at various stages of the personal injury claim.
– Legal assistant will be responsible for providing updates to clients via phone, email, and text.
– Legal assistant will document the case management system with all client and third-party contact so all team members can remain informed of case status updates.
2. Document Gathering & Assembly
– Get insurance claims from each party involved (client and others if any), which is a fairly easy process.
– Documents include things related to investigative documents, insurance documents, policy searches, background checks, driving records, social media records, etc.
– The goal is to learn as much as possible about the client, as fast as possible.
– Then the lawyers need to send their clients/people to get medical treatment.
3. Scheduling Appointments & Follow-up
– This is about scheduling appointments with clients, attorneys, and third parties.
– May include making calls with clients, doctors, and/or other people.
– Must know how to use the calendar system.
4. Reviewing & Drafting Documents
– The VA must have the ability to gather and review various documents and organize them as needed for each client’s case.
– Once they complete the intake of each client’s story, they’ll be asked to write one-page summaries of the client’s story/case + list of the various documents gather, in order to tell a story to help build a case.
– VA must have excellent English writing skills, but not professionally, but doesn’t need to be a professional writer.
5. Problem Solving
– No case is perfect. The legal assistant must look into each case and determine how to move the case forward. Guidance will be provided by the attorney and task management system, but a proactive attitude can go a long way.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– It’s important that the VA is a very proactive person, who will get things done and really gets involved.
– Looking for a great communicator, who can easily and clearly communicate with clients in English, both verbally and in written format.
– Knowing how to properly reply to clients when they call to follow-up about their case, so the company’s law firm focuses on ensuring that the VA constantly is following up with clients and inform them of the status of their case.
– The VA should have excellent written skills, to be able to write documents, emails, and replies.
– Looking for someone who can work with multiple documents at once, and be able to stay super organized, and keep track of everything they’ll manage.
– A tech-savvy person would be very important and ideal for this role, as the company uses a lot of technology in its process.
– Task prioritization is a KEY skill, as the VA needs to decide what task they should focus on first vs others.
– Additionally, the VA must be great at multi-tasking, in order to manage multiple cases at once and prioritize accordingly.
– Looking for very self-sufficient VAs, who can take initiative to get stuff done, and be able to decide how to organize their time and tasks.
– Schedule: Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm Central Time (1-hour break)
– Hours: 40 hours/week.