Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is an immigration lawyer. The client needs a lawyer VA to be able to attend to customers when the main attorney is not available. The VA will receive the guidance of the main attorney, but she needs someone to have covered some appointments she is not able to take.
The client is prepared to work virtually since Covid.
They use a case management system called Serenade (there are tutorials on Youtube). The client already works with a paralegal.
Most of their clients are Dominican and Mexican 90%-95% speak Spanish. The client speaks Spanish as a second language and is looking for a Spanish native speaker with great English skills as well.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work closely with a small team
– Opportunity to represent the firm by communicating actively with its clients
– Great chance to learn more about immigration law
– Opportunity to join a growing team of Virtual Latinos
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, June 27th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, Jun 29th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Gathering Clients Info & Obtaining Documents
– Gather information from customers over the phone and email
– Get all their basic info such as their name, family’s name, relatives’ names, etc.
– Gather info about their customer’s last 5 years of places they lived, and where they worked.
– Enter all the information into the proper case management system or CRM
2. Review & Check Client Information
– Review all documents and info submitted by clients through the online form they initially complete
– Make sure that clients provide an electronic signature, in order to hire the law firm for their services
– Connect with the clients over the phone, email, and/or Zoom (video call) to review information
– Gather and review various documents, and organize them as needed for each client’s case
– Once the intake of each client’s story is done, write one-page summaries of the client’s case
3. Follow-up with Clients
– VA must constantly follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court.
– VA must follow up over the phone, text message, email, Whatsapp, or whatever is necessary to get the info they need from each client. This may include booking calls and/or appointments with clients, adding them to a calendar, AND then again following up to make clients shows up
4. Client Communication, Support & Follow-ups
– Answer simple questions if a client calls and asks for an update about a case, court dates, etc.
– If the client asks a law-related question, take a message and/or forward the question to the right paralegal or attorney
– Follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court
– When clients need to make payments, the VA would need to make sure clients pay their bills
– Write monthly letters to clients with a general update on their case
– Take credit card payments over the phone
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections and answer any questions.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.; Ideally looking for someone super friendly, cool, and interesting.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Have the initiative to help the customer with lots of things.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Should have experience using a CRM like Salesforce or other.
F) General Law
Someone with a law degree, preferably with experience working in the legal field.
-Schedule: Between 10 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday and if possible 2 hours on Saturday, Eastern Time.
-Hours: 31hrs/week then moving into 40hrs/week