Full-time General Admin VA for Immigration Law Firm in Miami
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Immigration firm that has been in business since 2014 in Miami Florida. The main attorney has 11 years of experience practicing law. It is a small firm that focuses on quality over volume. The client is servicing people from all over the world and mainly focuses on immigration law, including family-based immigration, employment-based immigration, and deportation defense. Honest and respectful legal firm that helps its clients achieve the ultimate American Dream.
60-70% of the firm clients are Hispanic, and 30-40% are Europeans.
The team is made up of the Main Attorney, an administrative and billing VA, and a paralegal. The VA from Virtual Latinos will be reporting directly to the attorney.
Software the client currently uses:
– Canva, Microsoft Office
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a small team with a great working environment
– Work alongside the firm’s owner
– Opportunity to join a firm with vast experience in the field
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Wednesday, July 21st, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Friday, July 23rd, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Answering the Phone & Taking Messages
– Answer calls and asks for client’s information, finding out whom they’d like to speak with, etc.
– Transfer the call to the correct person, if not available then take a message
– Answer inbound calls from potential clients and leads
– Make two types of outbound calls A) Call potential leads from a list, and B) Follow-up calls
– The VA may also need to send the client an SMS and email to follow-up, through an internal software
2. Client Communication, Support & Follow-ups
– Answer simple questions if a client calls and asks for an update about a case, court dates, etc.
– If the client asks a law-related question, take a message and/or forward the question to the right paralegal or attorney
– Follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court
– When clients need to make payments, the VA would need to make sure clients pay their bills
– Write monthly letters to clients with a general update on their case
– Take credit card payments over the phone
3. Filtering & Qualifying New Leads
– Help the law firm talk to all leads and figure out how to qualify new potential leads
– Properly understand the answers to each question to qualify as good or bad leads
– Those who are qualified and good leads will then be asked to book a call with the law firm’s team and/or attorney
4. Review & Check Client Information
– Review all documents and info submitted by clients through the online form they initially complete
– Connect with the clients over the phone, email, and/or Zoom (video call) to review information
– Gather and review various documents, and organize them as needed for each client’s case
– Once the intake of each client’s story is done, write one-page summaries of the client’s case
– Make sure that clients provide an electronic signature, in order to hire the law firm for their services
5. Prepare Case Indexes
– Update all forms that are online that match the questioners that they have.
– Prepare case indexes with all the reports, statements, and affidavit
– Help legal assistants to put the client’s case and all documents together
6. Fill Out Forms & Questionnaires
– Fill out multiple forms and put them together in a folder
– Prepare the PDF forms pre-filled with the client’s information, after gathering the info and facts.
– Attach and create the exhibits for each client, ensuring that all items are there
– Send forms and exhibits to the lawyer for a final review
7. Client Management in CRM System
– Spreadsheet is being used for their CRM
– Download documents from attachments and create new “case files/records/contact” into the CRM database
– Take notes and info from each client case and save it into the web-based system
– Upload documents as needed for each case. (Dropbox/Google Drive)
– Input potential clients/leads into the system
– Log the specific costs/purchases/charges used by each paralegal and reconcile on Excel lists
8. Basic Marketing Tasks
– Post on social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc)
– Develop basic Email newsletter campaigns to target the law firms’ leads and contacts via Mailchimp.
– Gather client testimonials and reviews, in order to get better rankings online
– Other simple, basic marketing/email marketing tasks
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.; Have a graphic design background. Able to create graphics, or use Canva/templates.
F) Industry Specific – Law Firms
Someone with previous experience in Law Firms or related.; Empathetic, and zero-judgmental.
– Previous law firm experience is preferred, but not required.
– Previous Quickbooks Online experience preferred, but not required.
– Schedule: Monday – Friday: 9:00 am -5:30 pm EST with 30 min lunch break.
– Hours: 40 hours/week
– Pay: $5-7/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.