Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client works with a family business located in South Florida Palm Beach. They concentrate on childcare and have been in the field of education for 12 years as they have three schools now. Two of them focus on Infants through Pre-K and the third school from Infants to third grade in elementary. They also have after-school programs. Each school is operated with a director and an assistant director, and an office manager. The school team is face-to-face every day with children, the corporate support team for educational quality, and the chief of operations and finance, work online and in-person as needed.
The VA will be the operations manager and manage all the processes executed and follow up with the school team. As part of their role, they will handle the school’s projects as they are currently working with 10 to 12 internal projects for a software solution. The VA will not implement the software they are presently implementing but manage the project and make sure the employees have followed through the process. The VA must manage project management software and use it as their tool to follow up with the rest of the team on tasks needed. The VA will work directly with the operations manager – as his assistant and be his second hand in the leadership staff. The client is looking for someone tech-savvy who brings ideas and solutions and helps follow up with projects going on in the school. The COO is very excited to work along with the VA and have a long-lasting work relationship.
The company will provide training in the specialty software they use as well as in operational aspects of the business that will be required by the VA to perform their duties.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Ideal for VAs with great project management experience.
– Join an excellent work environment, collaborative, and supportive.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, October 25th at 11:30 pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, October 27th.
Tasks required for the job
1. Project & Operations Management
– The company uses early childhood education software (PROCARE), an Office suite, as well as cloud-based services for hiring (Indeed, Ziprecruiter, Facebook, Craiglist). It is expected that part of the projects the VA will support are related to the implementation of other software solutions for HR (HRBamboo), CRM (Intellikids), Checklist tracking and compliance (1Place), Project management (Teamwork or other PM software the VA is familiar with), among others, the VA will be trained on every software.
– The 3 companies manage about 12 active internal projects combined on a weekly basis, that are still in development and the VA will be in charge of following up with them.
– Between the 3 companies, they manage about 300+ external clients and 10-12 internal clients. The VA will not work with external clients, only with internal ones.
– The VA will need to follow up with the company Team Members on the completion of tasks assigned to them (related to project as well as operations), to ensure the Team Members are actively working on their tasks.
– The VA must keep updated on the Project/Operations Management Software and report tasks that may not be completed on time– The goal is to complete EACH project on time and keep operations running on time and on track.
– The VA must provide a view of the overall status of all projects to report to the company’s COO
– The VA will have weekly short stand-up calls to update the COO about how each project and
an operations area is doing its progress, and dates of completing
– The VA will have daily short stand-up calls to update the COO about the status of her/his work.
– The VA will support the COO as the main operations manager to plan, assign any new tasks to
each project, and to each team member who is responsible.
– The VA will be the main responsible for creating and keeping updated the project in the PM Software.
– Must keep up with internal customers-related inquiries about how the projects are going
– Have the initiative to provide support, ideas of reviewing that EACH task description is well
understood, so that each member can ensure they understand what they need to do’s
– The COO is too busy to figure all the day-to-day operations/project management.
– The VA must keep things organized for the team, such as files, etc.
– Must keep up the systems, software to date with due dates, info, files needed, etc.
– MUST be a VA who is SUPER organized and tech-savvy.
– MUST be open to new changes, problems, and do things differently/better as everyone adapts to the fast-paced environment.
– The VA will manage the project management software and will task and who will follow up.
2. Manage CRM & Data Entry
– Maintain all of the communications and client data up-to-date
– Add new clients & update existing ones into the CRM system
– Post hiring opportunities in the company’s HR software (initially Indeed, ZipRecruiter, Facebook, Craigslist, etc., later using HRBamboo).
– Follow-up with Team Members (Employees) Candidates
– Focused on the digital (virtual) aspects of the hiring process
– Create follow-up email templates
3. Organize Digital Files
– Organize Digital Operational Policies, Procedures, and Documents (Currently, most company’s
– Operational Policies, Procedures, and Documents are scattered in several files. Under the guidance of the COO, the VA will organize, review, and update those Operational Policies, Procedures, and Documents in a digital Operations Manual).
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (SharePoint, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on projects/operations/services/categories
4. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Follow-up with candidates and schedule interviews with school personnel.
– Follow-up by email, text messages, or phone calls
– Follow up with candidates and recruiters until the hiring process is completed
5. General Research
– Do general research about the industry, competitors, business opportunities,
– Help gather info and valuable facts to be able to show and integrate into social media content for publishing posts
– Initial research about software options, software strengths/weaknesses, etc
– Online competitors research
– Search for supplier/vendors information to contact
– Online research for events for the client to attend or participate
6. Other General Admin Tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Keeping company’s licenses, insurances, certifications, and other time-sensitive requirements up to date
– Uploading certificates of Insurance and other time-sensitive documents to agencies, providers, and other’s portals.
– Employee information/documents management
– Email sorting and organization
– Take notes during team/client meetings, organize minutes
– Help prioritize the work and tasks for each of the team members
– Ensure that all the pre-meeting and post-meetings works are done correctly.
– Generate reports related to given/provided data
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Must be able to meet the regular business office hours but open to overtime.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.
– The client would like someone with project management experience or executive assistant background and good English skills as they will be speaking with parents.
– Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 hrs/day 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST – Occasionally VA will be required to work on the weekends for an hour Saturday or Sunday depending on if they have a hiring emergency and they need the VA to check incoming resumes. This usually happens every once in a while maybe every 3 months
– Hours: 40 hours/week