Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The company has been around for 30 years, it’s a Medical company, with 3 full-time physicians + 3 physician assistants. They offer primary care, addiction medicine, physical care, and urgent care. 3/4 of their staff are Latinos and are bilingual. They need staff that is able to speak Spanish and do live translations English-Spanish, and who can be reliable and offer live video translation. They are currently working with 2 VAs from VL and are looking for a third one.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to join a company with vast experience in the industry
– Opportunity to assist Spanish speaking patients in their appointments
– Ideal job for VAs with great people & communication skills
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Thursday, May 27th, at 11:30 pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Monday, May 31st, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Face-to-face Live Translations
– The VA will be taken into the room to do live translations through an iPad.
– The average is about 10 min per patient.
– The VA would then go into another room to repeat.
2. Data Entry
– The VA will have access to the company’s medical records, so they can input information about each patient.
– The provider/doctor/physical assistant will then provide a summary to the VA about each client’s case (they dictate it), so the VA needs to take notes of everything they are listening to.
– The VA will then enter the info into the medical record (it takes about 2-3 minutes to listen + 5 minutes for inputting into the system).
3. General Admin Tasks
– Setup telehealth accounts for each individual patient, especially the older patients that are not tech-savvy.
– Confirm appointments over phone/email/text as necessary.
– Confirm insurance plans and information.
– Other office-related tasks, as needed to help around the office.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– Must have excellent communication skills in English verbally and in written format.
– Must be easy to understand in both English and Spanish, and easily be able to switch between the two languages.
– Ideally would be a person with live translations (interpreting) experience, but not required.
– Must be able to type quickly to enter the date into the systems.
– They must be a people person, who are friendly, nice to talk to, and someone who people feel they can trust and open to talk about their issues.
– Must be SUPER reliable, professional, and organized.
– MUST always be on time, not miss work, and be willing to do all it takes to be there for the company every day during work dates. SUPER reliable is the key.
– Schedule: Different shifts of 8hrs or 10 hrs a day, depending on the business needs. The VA needs to be flexible to work in a changing schedule that may include some weekends.
The clinic opens M-F from 9 AM -7 PM and Weekends 9 AM-5 PM
– Hours: 31/week