Full-time Executive Assistant & Project Manager VA for Business Entrepreneurs
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
It’s been a family business for 12 years now, based in New York City. The client and his brother both co-run the two businesses they own. They provide logistics solutions for companies that manufacture or design produce source products. They coordinate containers and air freight shipments to overseas countries like China, Vietnam, India, and some in Europe.
They also provide customs clearance. So they clear all the goods that go through customs. They have licensed customs, so they organize all of the international shipping that gets things through them, customs and cleared, and then they make sure it gets delivered to either their customer’s warehouse or sometimes to their warehouse in Los Angeles. They do the physical aspect of picking, packing, unloading inventory management, those types of services for their clients. They are a company with about 30 US employees, 25 offshore in the Philippines, and 5 in Colombia, and looking to bring on one new star team member.
The VA will directly work with the client and his brother daily. The VA will be responsible for general admin tasks such as updating internal documents, sending emails on their behalf, creating Google surveys, following up with other team members, and checking they have done their tasks assigned. Also, audit employees and make sure they have the correct documents uploaded.
And then the VA will also be handling personal stuff like booking travel flights and accommodations, sending birthday gifts, anniversaries gifts. The VA will be supporting two business entrepreneurs, and it will vary between personal and business tasks.
Software the client currently uses:
– Vonage, their own operating software
– Hubspot as their CRM.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a multicultural team with a great work environment.
– Opportunity to work for a company with experience in the customs industry.
– Opportunity to further develop your administrative skills.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Thursday, September 16th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Monday, September 20th.
Tasks required for the job
1. Other General Admin Tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Following up with team members for them to complete tasks that were discussed after a team meeting.
– Email sorting and organization
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
– The VA will have to keep up with activities that can bring the team together and also bring ideas on what to do for such celebrations/activities.
2. General Research
– Online competitors research in LinkedIn.
– Search for supplier/vendors information to contact personal and business.
– Research for tools that can facilitate the clients’ lives or the teams.
– Online research for events for the client to attend or participate in.
– Help with flight/travel research & online booking and also itineraries.
3. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Pre-screen new potential clients, and make sure they’re the right fit to be clients
– Help the client/owner of the company to manage his/her email and calendar
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and handling email
– Set up automatic bookings online, and share booking links with clients as needed
4. Manage CRM & Data Entry
– Convert files into digital format in Excel sheets
– Help the company organize, clean, update, and maintain the client’s database
– Maintain all of the communications and client data up-to-date
– Add new clients & update existing ones into the CRM system
– Process and handle customer support orders and/or tickets
– Repetitive data entry (entering online payments or uploading invoices received from vendors)
– Create and publish jobs, events, listings, etc on 3rd party sites: Facebook, Craigslist, etc
– Redirecting leads to the correct person in the team since they have a salesperson, customer support, etc.
5. Organize Digital Files
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on products/services/categories
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date
– Organize and input files by product, service, or client
6. Basic Bookkeeping
– The client has an Airbnb property that he needs help with basic bookkeeping.
– Reminder for the client on his personal bill payments.
– Organizing the client’s receipts at the end of the month reconciling them with the credit card payments and submit them to the accounting team to take care of them.
– Send invoices/bills via email to each client
– Follow-up & receive payments
– Create & send receipts to clients who have completed payments
– Categorize expenses from bank accounts and/or credit cards
– Other basic bookkeeping tasks – Does not include professional bookkeeping or software expertise
7. Basic Email Marketing
– Design simple email templates for newsletters
– Share content by email that includes customer success stories, industry trends/news, product updates, etc.
– Create an email marketing calendar for monthly campaigns
– Manage MailChimp lists and campaigns or any other email marketing platform
– Basic setup of the email marketing automation funnel
– They already have someone creating their content so the VA will be in charge to send out the newsletters and create email templates with this information.
– They have someone who creates their social media posts for their company yet they need the VA to log in on their behalf and post some content so they can keep their social media alive.
8. Basic Graphic Design
– Create simple graphics for social media.
– Create or edit simple graphics for email campaigns
– Create simple banners, gifs, or videos in Canva
– Other basic graphic designs, only include simple web-based design not professional design in Photoshop or Illustrator
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Interested in knowing about what’s going on with each team member’s persona/work-life balance.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.; Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.
– Human Resources or Project Management related experience
– Executive/Personal Assistant experience.
– Excellent English skills.
-Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00 am -6:00 pm Eastern Time.
-Hours: 40 hours/week
– Pay: $12-17/hr Full-Time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info: If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.