Full-time Executive Assistant for Engineering & Project Management Consulting Company
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Small construction, engineering, and project management consulting company. The company currently manages multiple projects for each of the clients that they work with. Within the engineering services, they focus a lot on things related to the technical drawings for construction and getting permits from the city. The company has been around for 2+ years.
The team is made up of the owner, a general project manager, and a college graduate who is an engineer. Yet, they’re now looking to hire another project manager (outside of VL), plus an executive assistant from VL.
Looking for a VA who’ll help with various admin and executive assistant tasks to work directly with the company’s owners. The VA will be also asked to take notes during meetings, follow up on tasks from items discussed during the meetings, and attend all meetings.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work with a leading company in the industry
– Great opportunity to join a small team & contribute to the growth of the company
– Opportunity to develop your skills in project management
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, April 11th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, April 13th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Executive Assistant
– Help the owner with organizing her email
– Coordinate lots of meetings/appointments, and managed everything related to it
– Support the owner with preparing for all the meetings
– Taking notes during the meetings, sending summary/minutes notes to the team
– Adding and assigning tasks to the project management system, and make sure everyone in the team knows what they’ll do
– Help prioritize the work and tasks for each of the team members
– Ensure that all the pre-meeting and post-meetings works are done correctly.
– One key task is to create flow charts (Such as using Visio, or another free one the VA would like to use) of how each of the project’s stages and tasks will take place. Thus, a VA who knows how to do this would be ideal, but not required
2. Customer Service & Support
– Follow-up calls with clients, vendors, and other people who are part of the project
– Main tasks will be to do these tasks
– Reply to emails & phone calls
– Pick up the phone, talk to anyone who needs help
– Report and add any support related issues into CRM System
– Use a VOIP phone (Internet phone) provided by the client, which can be accessed through the computer for inbound/outbound calls
– Talk to people who are mainly existing clients, as well as new potential ones
– Answer calls from new people requesting information
– Follow-up calls with leads, vendors, clients, etc.
– Leads management (filter and sort leads of potential new clients)
3. Follow-up with Leads & Potential Clients
– Create follow-up email templates
– Follow-up with potential customers to answer questions and set up demos
– Follow-up by email or text messages
– Follow up with leads/clients an infinite number of times until they reply
– Follow up with prospects/leads that did NOT show up to an appointment, so make sure they reschedule
4. Manage CRM & Data Entry
– The focus is to use and manage the project management system that the company uses
– Help enter date into Excel, as needed
– Properly organize files within the software Projects, which is the Microsoft Project management system
– Ideally looking for a VA who knows the Microsoft suite of apps, that’s MORE than just Word/Excel, but also Teams, Projects, etc.
– Ideally, the VA would have prior knowledge using software for data, analytics, etc. Including those such as Visio. It’s NOT a requirement
– Convert files into digital format in Excel sheets
– Help the company organize, clean, update, and maintain the client’s database
– Maintain all of the communications and client data up-to-date
– Add new clients & update existing ones into the CRM system
– Process and handle customer support orders and/or tickets
– Repetitive data entry (entering online payments or uploading invoices received from vendors)
– Create and publish jobs, events, listings, etc on 3rd party sites: Facebook, Craigslist, etc
5. Organize Digital Files
– Company uses Microsoft 365 Suite, including “Teams”, and OneDrive
– Help manage and organize all digital files on OneDrive, as well as organize deliverables for each project/client
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on products/services/categories
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date
– Organize and input files by product, service, or client
6. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– The VA will use Outlook to manage the owner’s calendar, schedule, meetings, and events
– Pre-screen new potential clients, and make sure they’re the right fit to be clients
– Help the client/owner of the company to manage their email and calendar
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
– Coordinate with multiple people by making calls and handling email
– Set up automatic bookings online, and share booking link with clients as needed
7. Basic Graphic Design
– Create simple graphics for social media.
– Create or edit simple graphics for email campaigns
– Create simple banners, gifs, or videos in Canva
– Other basic graphic designs, this only includes simple web-based design not professional design in Photoshop or Illustrator
8. General Research
– Do general research about the industry, project management,
– Help gather info and valuable facts to be able to show and integrate into social media content for publishing posts
– Initial research about software options, software strengths/weaknesses, etc
– Online competitors research
– Search for supplier/vendors information to contact
– Online research for events for the client to attend or participate
– Help with flight/travel research & online booking
9. Other General Admin Tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Take notes during team/client meetings, organizing minutes
– Generate reports related to given/provided data
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients and/or follow scripts.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.
C) People & Relationship
Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Great note-taking and notation skills (in writing by hand and/or on the computer).
E) Technology & Software
– Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.;
– Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.;
– Have a graphic design background. Able to create graphics, or use Canva/templates.
-Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 am to 4 pm (GMT-4), 6 hours/day plus 1-hour break, Puerto Rico Time.
-Hours: 31 hours/week
– Pay: $6-10/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.