Full-time Customer Support & Repairs Coordinator VA for Property Management Company
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The company is a property management firm that has been in business for many years, since 2003. They work fully digitally. They have cloud-based systems, including the main management software (AppFolio.com) and VoIP phones. They manage 250+ houses for about 100 owners. The team is currently made up of an office manager, 2 full-time assistants, a bookkeeper, and many contractors/vendors that help with the work.
The client is looking for a proactive VA with excellent communication skills. See more “Ideal Requirements” below.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work with a technology-forward company.
– Opportunity to learn more about the property management industry in the US
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Wednesday, April 14th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Friday, April 16th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Customer Support & Property Management Admin Support
– Reply to emails & phone calls
– Pick up the phone, talk to anyone who needs help
– Report and add any support related issues into CRM or email property manager
– The VA will use a VOIP phone provided by the client, which can be accessed through the computer
– Talk to people who are mainly existing clients/tenants, as well as potential new ones
– Respond to homeowners and vendors by phone and email
– Answer calls from new people looking to rent a house/apt, requesting documents, updates about their application, etc.
– Follow-up calls with agents who showed the properties/apartment, see if they’re interested
– Update marketing report in Google Docs (or another system) with info about property and agent’s visits
– Leads management (filter and sort leads of potential new tenants)
2. Organize Digital Files
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems
– Re-organize files based on communities or buildings, or by year, etc.
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date. For example, when a property is sold, move info from one contact/owner to another, etc.
– Organize and input files by property and then by the owner, or as requested by the client
3. Maintenance Coordinator
– Work with the tenant who lives on a property to schedule maintenance to the property
– Find the problem and add images/info/details into the system
– Assign each maintenance request to a specific vendor/contractor
– Determine what is an emergency and what’s not, and give priority to the emergency
– Call and follow-up with tenants once the maintenance is completed
– Property manager research request (looking up vendors, legal reports, running background reports on new applicants)
– Inform the property owners first, before approving any maintenance
– Take very detailed notes of each maintenance request and add to the system
4. Repair Coordinator
– Create Work Orders for Repairs / Invoices – most contractors are already in the database
– Call and confirm with the contractor that they got the work order
– Attach invoices into the system
5. Follow-up process and Tracking Work Timeline
– Follow up to make sure that the contractor DOES show up to the appointment
– Help the client with managing new vendors who the client is looking for
– Receive and add photos into the system (Contractor’s take photos of their work)
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
– Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.
– Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.
– Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.
– Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.
– Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
– Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.
– Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.
– Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.
– Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.
C) People & Relationship
– Supportive, and always be willing to help.
– Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.
– Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, it just works.
– Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
– Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.
– Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.
– Great note-taking and notation skills (in writing by hand and/or on the computer).
– Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.
E) Technology & Software
– Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.
– Experience in managing tasks or project management tools.
– Google Sheets experience and understanding.
F) Property Management
– Willingness to help with everything related to customer support and/or contractor management.
– Someone that’s very diligent doing follow-ups with the client and/on contractors.
-Schedule: 9 am-5 pm Pacific Time.
-Hours: Starting in 31hrs/week, moving up to 40hrs probably in June
– Pay: $7-10/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.