Full-time Customer Service VA for Family Law Firm
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a lawyer who works with family law, estate planning, and probate. She primarily focuses on Family Law in Jonesboro, Georgia, and 3 locations more. She provides dedicated, sincere legal representation in the area of family law and domestic relations. The law firm deals with family relationships, rights, and duties. The law office takes the commitment of protecting the individual rights of families seriously. The client usually serves clients that need help with adoption, spousal support, annulments, child custody/visitations, divorces, child support/alimony, and more. There are three attorneys in her team, and they are all very detail-oriented and dedicate themselves to their clients.
The client is looking for someone who can follow up with her clients and reinforce their communication. She calls it a “client happiness specialist.” The VA will remind the clients about their documents, be hands-on and give the clients as much information as possible about their cases. The VA will be able to provide the information and help the client not to make them feel that they are in the dark about their case and more so they will have continuous communication. The VA will be working hands-on with the client during training, once it’s over the VA will continue to work with her but mostly with her husband.
Software the client currently uses:
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a law firm that takes the commitment of protecting the individual rights of families seriously.
– Great opportunity to receive training directly from the client.
– Ideal for VAs who feel comfortable keeping continuous communication with customers.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, November 28th at 11:30 pm PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, November 30th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Client Communication, Support & Follow-ups
– Answer simple questions if a client calls and asks for an update about a case, court dates, etc.
– If the client asks a law-related question, take a message and/or forward the question to the right paralegal or attorney
– Follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court
– When clients need to make payments, the VA would need to make sure clients pay their bills
– Write monthly letters to clients with a general update on their case
– Take credit card payments over the phone
2. Gathering Clients Info & Obtaining Documents
– Gather information from customers over the phone and email
– Get all their basic info such as their name, family’s name, relatives’ names, etc.
– Enter all the information into the proper case management system or CRM
3. Follow-up with Clients
– VA must constantly follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court.
– VA must follow up over the phone, text message, email, Whatsapp, or whatever is necessary to get the info they need from each client. This may include booking calls and/or appointments with clients, adding them to a calendar, AND then again following up to make clients show up.
– They must always include notes in the CRM after every communication with the clients.
4. Client Management in CRM System
– Take notes and info from each client case and save it into the web-based system
– Upload documents as needed for each case. (Dropbox/Google Drive and CRM)
5. General Admin Tasks
– Help with filing mail that was received on paper and scanned. The mail has to be filed into the correct digital client folder. May involve using Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
– Help with email-related items.
– Keep the referrals and partners up-to-date on what happened to clients referred by them
– Manage online documents, including editing/labeling documents correctly as needed, and/or changing document names, and including the information, a client sends into the CRM.
Secondary Tasks (Must be included in your Proposal)
– Translations of client’s conversations or declarations into English
– Go over with the client to fill the questionnaire over the phone or zoom.
7. Prepare Case Indexes
– Prepare case indexes with all the reports, statements, and affidavit
– Help legal assistants to put the client’s case and all documents together
8. Fill Out Forms & Questionnaires
– This task will only take place every now on then
– Fill out multiple forms and put them together in a folder
– Prepare the PDF forms pre-filled with the client’s information, after gathering the info and facts.
– Attach and create the exhibits for each client, ensuring that all items are there
– Send forms and exhibits to the lawyer for a final review
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
A) Communication & Language
Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
E) Technology & Software
Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.
F) General Law
Have self-motivation rather than specific legal background/experience.; Willing to represent the company, his/her approach should be friendly and supportive.; Comfortable with talking to clients and listening to their stories.; Must have “thick skin” and be OK with talking about hard subject matters.
– Schedule: Monday to Friday, 6 hrs a day (except for Mondays’ 8hrs) from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm EST.
– Hours: 32 hours/week
– Pay: $5-7/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info: If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news!
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.