Full-time Customer Service & Property Management VA for Residential Management Company in Texas
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The Property Management company is located in San Antonio, Texas, and has been in business since 2015. The owner and the main broker have been in the Real Estate Industry for over 20 years. Since 2015 the company became a residential property management company and recently expanded to manage commercial properties as well. In the upcoming future, the company is also preparing to start managing vacation rentals in the area as well. The company is currently managing over 230 properties and projecting to add another additional 80 properties very soon. The majority of the tenants are Spanish-speaking people, mostly from Mexico, Nicaragua, and other parts of Central America. The owner is overwhelmed with tasks at hand related to Customer Support. The owner is seeking a great Customer Support VA with, good communications skills and a highly organized individual to keep growing.
The VA will be in charge of taking care of tenants from which 1/3 are Spanish-speaking people as well as help those that are not tech-savvy in submitting repair tickets. The VA will be also helping out with the accounting inquiries tenants might have regarding their bills. The client needs the VA to also make sure to post rental properties with all the property details. The VA will help the owner resolving other issues as well. The VA will need to make sure all docs and lease agreements are uploaded correctly. The VA will need to make sure that any repairs are invoiced to the correct owner of the properties.
Software the client currently uses:
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Great opportunity to work closely with the owner of the company.
– Opportunity to help Spanish-speaking tenants.
– Opportunity to further develop your administrative skills.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, September 19th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, September 21th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Customer Support & Property Management Admin Support
– Reply to emails & phone calls
– Pick up the phone, talk to anyone who needs help
– Report and add any support related issues into CRM or email the property manager
– The VA will use a VOIP phone provided by the client, which can be accessed through the computer
– Talk to people who are mainly existing clients/tenants, as well as potential new ones
– Respond to homeowners and vendors by phone and email
– Answer calls from new people looking to rent a house/apt, requesting documents, updates about their application, etc. (Only necessary to do it for translation purposes.)
– Update marketing report in Google Docs (or another system) with info about property and agent’s visits
– Leads management (filter and sort leads of potential new tenants)
2. Manage Property Software CRM & Data Entry
– Enter new properties for rent or sold/purchased
– Find key basic information about each new tenant/owner (Name, email, phone #, etc).
– Update 3rd party sites for the property listings. May include Facebook, Craigslist
– Handle security deposits (receive and repay)
– Move-in/Move-out inspections management, and then request/pay deposits as needed
– Email property owners a list of the move-in- /move-out report, details, and costs
– Process and handling of rental applicants
– Repetitive data entry (entering online payments or uploading invoices received from vendors)
– The VA has to integrate all data necessary about the tenant and owners.
3. Tenant Management & Follow-up
– Follow-up with tenants, make sure they have their latest home/rent insurance paperwork filled
– Follow-up after each new maintenance request is completed and make sure it was done correctly (Only necessary when there are Spanish-speaking clients)
– Help tenants to register and use the online portal, to avoid having too many calls
– Onboarding meetings with tenants on how to request new maintenance through the portal, pay rent online, etc.
– List renewals follow-up with tenants
– Add invoices to the accounting system (Accounts payable entering)
– The VA needs to make sure that all parties get invoiced properly.
4. Organize Digital Files
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems
– Re-organize files based on communities or buildings, or by year, etc.
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date. For example, when a property is sold, move info from one contact/owner to another, etc.
– Organize and input files by property and then by the owner, or as requested by the client
Secondary Tasks (Must be included in your proposal)
5. Create Property Management Reports
– The VA needs to auditing owner’s and tenants s files to generate reports.
– Create and prepare reports of all sorts, depending on the needs of the management team
– Save the reports into Google Drive/Docs and share them with the property manager so they can see
6. Notify Owners & Tenants of Renewals
– Notify renewals by email and/or phone calls
– Notify the owners/tenants within 30 or 60 days before contracts expire
– Follow up as necessary with tenants to ensure they sign the new renewals online
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.
C) People & Relationship
Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; High Interpersonal skills positive and with a good sense of humor.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.
E) Technology & Software
Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Must have experience with documents management on Google Drive/ Dropbox.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.
F) Industry Specific: Property Management
Someone with previous experience in the Property Management industry or related.; Have self-motivation rather than experience.; Comfortable with handling someone not being spoken nicely too. (People could call when they’re mad and have problems/issues).
– Schedule: Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm CST
– Hours: 40 hours/week
– Pay: $6-9/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.