Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a Family & Criminal Law firm with 15+ years of experience in Florida. They currently work with admin assistants and paralegals. The VA would be joining a 4-person team, and they are currently working with 1 VA from Virtual Latinos. The VA will be managed by the 3 people on their team.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a firm that has over 15 years of experience in the business.
– Opportunity to work with a client that has another VA from our community.
– Ideal job for customer-oriented VAs with great communication skills.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Monday, January 10th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Wednesday, January 12th, 2022.
Tasks required for the job
1. Gathering Clients Info & Obtaining Documents
– Gather information from customers over the phone and email
– Get all their basic info such as their name, family’s name, relatives’ names, etc.
– Gather info about their customer’s last 5 years of places they lived, and where they worked
– Enter all the information into the proper case management system or CRM
2. Follow-up with Clients
– VA must constantly follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court.
– VA must follow up over the phone, text message, email, Whatsapp, or whatever is necessary to get the info they need from each client. This may include booking calls and/or appointments with clients, adding them to a calendar, AND then again following up to make clients shows up
3. Client Communication, Support & Follow-ups
– Answer simple questions if a client calls and asks for an update about a case, court dates, etc.
– If the client asks a law-related question, take a message and/or forward the question to the right paralegal or attorney
– Follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– Patient and strong personality to deal with difficult clients
– Clients speak Spanish and English 50/50 Va needs to have strong English skills
– English should be EXCELLENT for this role
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Must be ok with speaking on the phone for long periods and be pleasant on the phone.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Go-getter and/or entrepreneurial attitude.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.; A creative person, and creative thinker, to be able to solve problems.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, it’s just work.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Should have experience using a CRM like Salesforce or other.
F) Industry Specific – General Law
Have self-motivation rather than specific legal background/experience.; Willing to represent the company, his/her approach should be friendly and supportive.; Comfortable with talking to clients and listening to their stories.; Empathetic, and zero-judgmental.; Must have “thick skin” and be OK with talking about hard subject matters.
– Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
– Hours: 40 hours/week.