Full-time Bookkeeping VA for Property Management Company
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Real Estate and Property Management company located in San Diego. Currently working with 3 VAs from VL, and looking for a VA with a background in Bookkeeping and accounting, preferably with experience using Quickbooks Online, or willing to learn fast.
The client is looking for a VA with experience in accounting & a willingness to learn. See more “Ideal Requirements” below.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work with an existing client
– Opportunity to work with other members from Virtual Latinos
– Opportunity to develop your bookkeeping and accounting skills
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, February 23rd, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, February 25th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Bookkeeping and Accounting
– Looking for a VA to help do bookkeeping within AppFolio and Quickbooks (Experience ideal, but NOT required)
– Looking for help with managing all landlords, to help send each of them their statements, create invoices for them, charge their accounts as needed, create monthly reports of balance for the entire company, as well as per client/landlord.
– The VA will need to also reconcile all the books via Quickbooks online, for two different business accounts.
– The client is willing to train someone who’s good with numbers, bookkeeping, etc. Does NOT have to be a bookkeeper or accountant, as full training may be provided to teach AppFolio and Quickbooks Online (via courses and certifications)
– Prefers to hire someone with experience, but willing to get an entry-level VA who’s willing to learn on the job, on his/her own.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Have great “emotional intelligence”, who can understand each customer’s situation.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.
C) People & Relationship
Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Outgoing person able to communicate and interact with a variety of people.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines, and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Should be very hard-working, comfortable with having a lot to do all the time.; Must be able to meet the regular business office hours but open to overtime.
E) Technology & Software
Quick books, accounting, etc.
F) Property Management
Someone with previous experience in the Property Management industry or related.; Have self-motivation rather than experience.; Someone that’s very diligent doing follow-ups with the client and/on contractors.
-Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:30 pm PT.
-Hours: 35 hours/week (Full-time)
– Pay: $6-9/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.