Full-time Bookkeeping & Admin VA for Construction Company
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client owns a construction company, which has been in business for 18 years, located in Emeryville California. They have around 50 people working and almost all of them are Spanish-speaking workers, mostly from Guatemala.
This is a remodeling construction company, they do apartment buildings and housing remodeling. Right now they’re working on a project of 50 apartments.
The client needs an assistant to work with him to help him with different types of tasks.
The communication with employees that do the repairs and painting is in Spanish, but the internal communication will require a great English level.
The VA will be supporting the whole team and managing the field team.
Software the client currently uses:
– The client uses Ringcentral to make and receive phone calls.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to join a company with vast experience in the area
– Opportunity to work along with a team of Spanish workers
– Opportunity to expand your knowledge with training provided by the client
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Wednesday, July 7th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Friday, July 9th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Basic Bookkeeping
– The VA will be in charge of the work orders and invoicing
– Make sure that the painters to the work correctly and followup
– Create quotes/invoices to send to the company’s leads & clients
– Send invoices/bills via email to each client
– Follow-up & receive payments
– Create & send receipts to clients who have completed payments
– Categorize expenses from bank accounts and/or credit cards
– Other basic bookkeeping tasks – Does not include professional bookkeeping or software expertise
2. Project Coordinator – Creating Work Orders / Invoices
– Create Work Orders for projects / Invoices and send them to the employees
– Call and confirm with the contractor that they got the work order
– Attach invoices into the system
3. Answering the Phone
– Answer the phone and dealing with people from India, the Philippines, and China that are selling things they don’t want.
– Work as a receptionist and transfer the calls to the right person, that is mostly the finances manager
4. Follow-up process and Tracking Work Timeline
– Follow up to make sure that the team DOES show up to the appointment
– Help the client with managing new vendors whom the client is looking for
– Receive and add photos into the system (employee’s take photos of their work)
– The VA will be in charge of coordinating the projects with the team that works with the constructions projects
5. Other General Admin Tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Take notes during team/client meetings, organizing minutes
– Generate reports related to given/provided data
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
The client is looking for a VA with great English and Spanish skills.
B) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
C) Work Load & Stress Management
Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
D) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.
Quickbooks would be a plus, the client will provide training.
– Schedule: flexible within 8 am-6 pm PT.
– Hours: 40 hours/week
– Pay: $5-9/hr Full-time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news! If you haven’t already, fill out this form to make sure we have a record of your Telegram username.
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amt of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.