Full-time Appointment Setter for Nutrition Clinic in California
Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a certified dietitian since 2007, they have the practice to provide medical nutrition therapy. They have a contract with main medical groups and networks, that send patients. They help people get better through nutrition. The practice has lots of patients and dietitians but had to let go of all their staff, due to Covid.19, and now they want to build a virtual team.
The client is currently working with a team from Virtual Latinos and is looking to hire another to start working with them as soon as possible. They are looking for a bilingual, self-starter VA who won’t be afraid to ask questions and has a quiet space at home/office to make calls. See more “Required and Ideal qualifications” below.
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to join a well-established company that has been working since 2007.
– Great opportunity to become part of a work team that has other VAs from Virtual Latinos.
– Ideal job for friendly VAs with excellent English skills who enjoy talking to clients.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, October 17th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, October 19th, 2021.
Tasks Required for the Job
1. Set Appointments (Cold & Warm Calling)
– Training will be involved as needed, to learn the client’s scripts, how to set up appointments
– They have very specific goals in terms of # of phone calls and appointments set on a daily basis, 80-100 phone calls/day, and set 10-15 appointments/day
– Even if they hit their goals, they have to keep making phone calls.
– Part of the job is to call Medical Practices to offer the nutritionist’s services and send them faxes with the information
– Some people they are calling are considered “Warm”, because the people, for the most part, are aware that a dietician will call them to set up an appointment
– Most of the clients/people are “Medi-cal” patients, which tend to be on a medical plan that’s paid by the government (clients with limited resources), so many people do NOT care about their nutrition. So it IS A CHALLENGE to convince some people to consider working with a dietitian
– The VA MUST Have experience in sales, as this is a sales job. The VA must learn how to reply to people who say “They’re not interested”. The client has the scripts in English and Spanish.
– The VAs must log their time, work, and keep track of all the types of work/activity they’ve done on a daily basis
– Must ensure that they complete all the digital paperwork in the Kareo web-based system
– The VA needs to truly understand the value of the services that the nutritionist/dietitian offers so that they can speak with convention and understand the value of seeing a dietitian
– Each consultation is usually $200+, so the patient needs to truly understand the value of seeing a professional nutritionist/dietitian. Thus, because it’s not cheap, the VA must have a great grasp of the values of what changing your diet can do for you
– Obtain information for Doctor’s office using the Medical Group Portals under contract, and keep track of it using Excel
– Speak with Doctor and/or Referral Coordinator to offer the clinic’s services and obtain a fax number and a name for follow-up.
– Send a fax with the information about the clients’ services.
– Follow up on faxes sent to confirm reception.
– Call doctors’ offices to remind them to send referrals to see the client’s Registered Dietitians.
– Contact Doctor’s office or Referral Coordinators that are using incorrect codes and offer
information on the correct codes to use for referrals
– Must care about patients, can convey a message of help
– Must be a VA that is NOT afraid when a patient/caller might yell at them when they’re mad
– This is a job that is for people who love being on the PHONE and love what they do, which is to help people. This job requires that about 80% of their time is on the phone calling existing lead/patients
2. Data Entry
– The VA must do data entry into the Kareo.com medical system, enter client’s info, etc
– The VA’s time will be measured through a tracking system that measures the effectiveness of the VA’s work on their computer
– The VA MUST be comfortable to have a tracking system on their computer, which includes the time tracking (which is standard), plus another call-tracking system
Keep records on excel of doctors called, Referrals Coordinators, Telephone and Fax numbers,
calls made, follow-ups made.
– Report to management
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– Must be a people person and be able to connect with people over the phone very easily
– Must be Looking for a self-starter VA who can do things independently and has initiative
– VERY detail-oriented
– Stays on task and is organized
– Very courteous over the phone, able to follow a script and manage the call to obtain results
– Persistent, realizes that the more people you call, the more referrals we get
– Must be able to work well under pressure
– Must be a problem-solver
– Must be communicative with management
– Ability to handle the high call volume
– Must have a home office, or private quiet space to work from home.
– Ideally will have experience working remotely
– Must have a great typing speed (45+ words/min)
– Bilingual in Spanish/English
– Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 am-6 pm (preferred schedule) or 11 am- 8 pm PST.
– Hours: 40 hours/week, full-time.
– Pay: $5-7/hr Full-Time. Rates are depending on your experience, determined by Virtual Latinos.
Interested in applying for the job? READ THIS CAREFULLY:
Make sure you have signed the acknowledgment form (click on the link), before submitting your proposal. You should have signed it before being an official VL member, if you haven’t, go ahead and do it now. We won’t schedule interviews with VAs that haven’t signed the form.
Important Communication Info:
If you are interested in applying to this position, make sure you are active on Telegram. It is the only means of communication between the Recruitment team in Virtual Latinos and the assistants to be called for an interview. Make sure you receive the good news!
If you are not active on Telegram, your proposal will be dismissed.
How to send a good proposal?
Please apply through this Virtual Latinos platform, and include:
1) 1-2 short paragraphs introducing yourself, where you’re from, what you studied, and general work experience, and explaining why you believe you meet the requirements of attitude and skills?
2) Provide us with specific details of your past experience and skills related to each of the task categories mentioned above. The format of this section should look like this:
Main Job Tasks Experience:
1. First task category name from above goes here
– I have worked with contacting leads/people for X amount of years, at X company. Here’s an example of how I worked, my process, and the results of it:
– Additionally, I’ve also done Y type of works, with Y company.
– Additional details
– Additional examples
2. Second task category name from above goes here
– I do/don’t have any experience with follow-up up with leads, for X amount of years while working with X company
– The types of tasks I’ve done while using X system for managing leads and potential clients include: Give examples
– Additional details
– Additional examples
3. Third task category…..
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – When writing your proposal:
–Please don’t write about two or more tasks together in the same paragraph/section, do not merge tasks. Provide details of each task independently even when you think they are related somehow. If you don’t have experience in any of them, please talk about any related/similar experience, you may also add that you are eager/willing to learn, etc.
–Please keep in mind that your proposal must be based on the TASKS, instead of the Requirements. You may fully cover the Requirements list as an additional section after what you write in the Introduction, but your proposal should always explain your experience in the tasks. Watch the video for reference.
–Please be advised that if you recurrently send proposals in the incorrect format after being given feedback from any of the VL team members, we WILL SUSPEND your account and hide your profile.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 40-50% of applicants do NOT read the instructions and send very poor proposals. If your proposal is one of those it WILL BE IGNORED.