Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
Mortgage brokerage firm in Ontario, serving consumers throughout Ontario and Canada. The company was founded under the principle of offering their clients real-world solutions to all of their mortgage lending needs. The company has been in business for over 30 years and has created a very strong bond with the lenders. As the CEO describes, the company creates the perfect marriage between the people who have money and people who need money. The company still considers itself to be a boutique mortgage firm where their main focus is the quality of service and transparency that they provide to its clients. They strictly focus on providing residential mortgage lending. The company is seeking to integrate very detail-oriented professionals who will be working under the lead underwriter.
The team consists of the CEO, 1 Sales coordinator, 1 Lead underwriter who will train and supervise 2 underwriter trainees, 1 bookkeeper, and 1 accountant.
Initially, the VA will be learning how to obtain information and get to know clients. The VA will be providing support and assistance to the lead underwriter. The VA will be performing administrative duties regarding new and renewal accounts, risk assessments, and loss runs and loss ratings. The VA will be helping the lead underwriter to process applications for mortgages.
Software the client currently uses:
– Office 365
– Cylogics underwriting system
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to work with a client with great experience in their field.
– Work with a company that has a great work environment.
– Ideal for VAs with great organization skills and attention to detail.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Tuesday, November 16th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Thursday, November 18th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Manage CRM & Data Entry
– Convert files into digital format in pdf file.
– Help the company organize, clean, update, and maintain the client’s database
– Maintain all of the communications and client data up-to-date
– Add new clients & update existing ones into the CRM system
– Process and handle customer support orders and/or tickets
– Repetitive data entry (entering online payments or uploading invoices received from vendors)
– The VA will be inputting the client’s information through their application and then having it prepared for the underwriter.
– The VA needs to be extra careful with the data that needs to be entered into the system.
2. Organize Digital Files
– Upload/organize files into web-based systems (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
– Re-organize files based on products/services/categories
– Make sure that info is always up-to-date
– Organize and input files by product, service, or client
– The VA needs to be extra careful with the files
3. Follow-up with Leads & Potential Clients
– Follow-up with potential customers to answer questions.
– Follow-up by email or text messages
– The VA needs to be able to walk the fo
– The VA will be following with lenders, real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and anyone else involved in the process of the mortgage.
4. Other General Admin Tasks
– Update spreadsheets
– Email sorting and organization
– Take notes during team/client meetings, organize minutes
– Generate reports related to given/provided data
– Create PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
5. General Research
– The VA will be researching lender information.
– The VA always needs to be researching information to keep updated with the Canadian mortgage industry.
6. Basic Email Marketing
– The company already has templates in place, the VA will be doing very very basic and little of this type of task.
– Share content by email that includes customer success stories, industry trends/news, product updates, etc.
7. Basic Bookkeeping
– The VA will sometimes require to do very basic bookkeeping for the clients that come in very unorganized with all their financial information.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Self-starter, proactive and innovative.; Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.
C) People & Relationship
Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Must be able to separate “Business from emotions” as clients can get very passionate, and it’s important for the VA to remember that in the end, “it’s just work”.; Someone that is open to feedback without being offended, willing to make mistakes, and be ok when the company tells them how to improve.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Should be smart and a great problem-solver.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.
– Schedule: Monday to Friday – 8:30 am to 5 pm EST with 1 hr break.
– Hours: 31 hours/week